PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2009, 05:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

flyhigh is keeping up the good workflyhigh is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Slingplayer and TP problems

I recently got a slingbox and slingplayer mobile on my TP. It really is awesome and I highly recommend it for those who don't have it. I am noticing two problems though.

-1) I've noticed that while using the slingplayer my TP won't charge. In fact even while plugged in (car charger, haven't tried it w/ wall charger yet) the battery continues to drain ever so slowly when watching slingplayer. I got in my car and my phone was at 81%. After driving for 1 hr. with the slingplayer on and the phone being charged, I got to work and my phone was only at 87% (6% gain in 1 hr). On the way home it started at 57% and after an hr of driving while slinging AND being plugged in it dropped to 43% (14% loss in 1 hr!). How is it possible that the slingplayer is draining the TP faster then the charger can charge the battery?

-2) with the video out cable, the screen automatically goes to landscape. While in landscape and only with the video out cable attached, I can not get the tool bar on the bottom to disappear. I can tap on the bottom to bring the tool bar up, if it was not there already but I can't get it to go away without having to go through menus. Tapping the full screen button on the toolbar is greyed out. This is a pain because every time I want to change channels or FF a comercial I have to disconect the cable first then reconnect so the menu doesn't stay on the screen. Any suggestions?
Old 01-03-2009, 05:46 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Slingplayer and TP problems

buy a second battery and charger if you going to sling. its a battery hog.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Sideman7 is becoming a great contributor

You can tap on the center of the screen and the bar on the bottom should go away. Also, you can use the hardware keyboard for quite a few functions... you can type in channel numbers, F for fast forward, P for pause, etc... I have a list somewhere...

Here it is:

SlingPlayer Mobile for Pocket PC User Guide 33
Action Keypad Shortcut Notes

— General —
Power O Capital letter “O”
Setup N
Channel Up +
Channel Down -
Clear Q
Guide G
Help ?
Live TV L
Menu M
Num Enter Enter
Cancel or Exit X

— Navigation —
Up Up arrow
Down Down arrow
Left Left arrow
Right Right arrow
Program Up E
Program Down D
Select Spacebar
Last Channel Z Use “Q” on some
remotes

— Playback —
A Button A
B Button B
C Button V
Disk Down >
Disk Up <
Eject J
Fast Forward F
Fast Reverse R
Go to Begin (
Go to End )
Info I
Angle H
List T
Pause U
Play P
Record C
Skip Left (
Skip Right )
Stop S

Last edited by Sideman7; 01-03-2009 at 06:05 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: X51v

Technology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the community
Smile Re: Slingplayer and TP problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
buy a second battery and charger if you going to sling. its a battery hog.
You are right the SlingPlayer mobile client is a battery hog, but that's my favorite hog. I getting ready right now to purchase a 2000 mAh battery, that should help some what with the battery hog issue. Oh, by the way, I'm watching videos using the Opera browser, Juggalo's Opera browser setup, now that's slick, Juggalo is about his work, it's awesome. Works like a charm..!
Old 01-04-2009, 03:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll try using the keyboard shortcuts. For whatever reason, taping on the screen does not return it to full screen and get rid of the tool bar when the video out cord is connected. Without the cord, then yes, tapping the screen like you suggested does work.

As for the battery, I completely understand that slingplayer is a hog but to actually drain my battery while I'm plugged in and "charging"? Does anyone else have this issue? If anyone can, note their battery level, plug in their TP and watch their slingplayer on their TP for 30 min or so and note the ending battery level. As Exi3d testing showed we should expect about a 1% charge for every minute spent charging. Granted this would be while not in use so I would not expect to get that rate while using a resource heavy app like slingplayer. To not charge at all, or worse to drain the battery while charging however is a bit extreme. I'd like to see if I'm the only one or are others experiencing this as well. Thanks
Old 01-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700
Carrier: sprint

hoddy4 is becoming a great contributor

I've also noted a battery drain when using SlingPlayer and being plugged in. I' m not quite sure if this is occurring all the time or only once the Pro starts to get hot.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:33 PM
Lurker

loko74 is a n00b

To get rid of the tool bar with the tv out you just need to touch above it and slide down to the bottom of the screen and it will remove it. The reverse to get it back. Just slide up from the bottom.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by loko74 View Post
To get rid of the tool bar with the tv out you just need to touch above it and slide down to the bottom of the screen and it will remove it. The reverse to get it back. Just slide up from the bottom.
cool, will try that thanks.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by loko74 View Post
cool, will try that thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro