View Single Post
Old 01-03-2009, 05:43 PM
flyhigh
PPCGeeks Regular

flyhigh is keeping up the good workflyhigh is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Slingplayer and TP problems

I recently got a slingbox and slingplayer mobile on my TP. It really is awesome and I highly recommend it for those who don't have it. I am noticing two problems though.

-1) I've noticed that while using the slingplayer my TP won't charge. In fact even while plugged in (car charger, haven't tried it w/ wall charger yet) the battery continues to drain ever so slowly when watching slingplayer. I got in my car and my phone was at 81%. After driving for 1 hr. with the slingplayer on and the phone being charged, I got to work and my phone was only at 87% (6% gain in 1 hr). On the way home it started at 57% and after an hr of driving while slinging AND being plugged in it dropped to 43% (14% loss in 1 hr!). How is it possible that the slingplayer is draining the TP faster then the charger can charge the battery?

-2) with the video out cable, the screen automatically goes to landscape. While in landscape and only with the video out cable attached, I can not get the tool bar on the bottom to disappear. I can tap on the bottom to bring the tool bar up, if it was not there already but I can't get it to go away without having to go through menus. Tapping the full screen button on the toolbar is greyed out. This is a pain because every time I want to change channels or FF a comercial I have to disconect the cable first then reconnect so the menu doesn't stay on the screen. Any suggestions?