PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Anyone having delayed text message issues? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51588)

krnfrk6663 01-03-2009 02:02 AM

Anyone having delayed text message issues?

I'm not talking about the ones where they're a few minutes apart, I'm talking more like 20-30, sometimes and hour off, I get them all at once, or I get them scattered out of order. Different people each time. I've been back and forth with Sprint about this and I'm getting no where with them. Any ideas from the great minds here? I text more then I talk most of the time, so it's becoming an issue anymore. I've been having slight issue since I've got the phone, but it's seeming to get worse. No, I'm not roaming when this happens. When I do roam it seems to get my texts to me at least in order. Any insight will be appreiciated.

aspiar7807 01-04-2009 01:01 AM

Re: Anyone having delayed text message issues?

same issue here.. been looking for a good fix but no luck....

fr4nk1yn 01-04-2009 01:09 AM

Sprint has been "upgrading" the text system.
At least that's what I was told when I asked while at Sprint last week.

Tonight I sent a few that was sent and received totally out of order.
Made for a confusing conversation. Odd thing is the time stamps are accurate.

A pictures mail I sent a couple weeks ago took three days and I had a few that took 5 hours.

Maybe we should all call Sprint and complain.

ramiss 01-04-2009 01:16 AM

No issues with me, but admittedly I only have a few txt conversations per day. I wonder if has to do with location. I am in Vegas.

sde780 01-04-2009 01:43 AM

issues here in morgantown wv texts are very delayed

speck 01-04-2009 01:48 AM

I've been wondering what's been going on.

I get 'pages' from work as text messages - which usually get split into 2 messages, I assume due to the length. Recently I started getting the 2nd part of the message before the first part comes through.

Most recently, one text message was sent to me - it got split into 2 messages, and I got the 2nd message (with the end of the text) a full 10 minutes before the 1st message. The issue here is that these are messages that are alerting me to a problem at work which needs immediate attention - getting part of the information is not helpful.

Dr.8820 01-04-2009 01:53 AM

sprint's been having network issues.the music store wasn't working a couple days ago.

dkincaid 01-04-2009 01:59 AM

I have had problems as well. Mostly going between carriers though. Service has been semi-close to normal if you are txt'ing to another sprint phone.

It is very annoying though.

Dr.8820 01-04-2009 02:08 AM

you know the economy is bad.i wonder if sprint paid their tower bill.....

Beejis 01-04-2009 02:14 AM

No issues in the Seattle area for me