PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Anyone having delayed text message issues? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51588)

krnfrk6663 01-16-2009 02:51 AM

Re: Anyone having delayed text message issues?

I was in the Sprint store today, after mentioning the texting issue they told me they're waiting on a software update from HTC.. What do you guys think? In a way I feel this to be a BS line to get me off ttheir backs for the moment. A place blame here type of deal.

asuh 01-16-2009 05:03 AM

This seems to be happening with random Sprint customers because both my brother and I have had this problem. I've already called Sprint to ask what the deal was but got no answer.

I think, sadly, we'll just have to live with it for now.

jmorton10 01-16-2009 08:41 AM

A guy I work with was recently let out of his Sprint contract with no ETF because of these texting issues. This guy sends thousands of text messages a month (a lot are work related & rather important) & almost NEVER talks on his phone.

~John

blazinazn 01-16-2009 09:10 AM

How often are you guys doing a soft reset?

I experienced this problem a while ago and not so much anymore. I talked with Sprint and they encouraged me to do a soft reset every now and again because messages can be backlogged on the network and a soft reset usually minimizes this issue.

I do still receive messages out of order when it gets split. Not sure what the deal with that is but I rarely see the delay anymore. Sometimes it would be a few hours, sometimes a day or two before my text was received. There have been a few times when it took a day for me to receive.

I'd suggest doing a soft reset every night and see if that helps.

HBOOT 01-16-2009 09:25 AM

I say texting is related to network issue, I have no prob however my friend was getting her texts hours late coming from the West to East..

Major_Nate 01-16-2009 10:09 AM

I work in a service center in Central Florida, and we were notified that Sprint was upgrading their systems, and one of the upgrades took longer than the window they had left open. It created a 6 hour backlog on data services as of yesterday, and i'm not sure how long before that...I have had a few texts arrive late, for example, 10 hours late...And my picture mail has been trying to send this one picture for a week to my email address, but it keeps saying "sending failed".

This may be part of the issue. Just adding my 2 cents...

EDIT: Also, I found that deleting your "sent" messages and some of your old ones do help...at least they did for me.

kidmet 01-16-2009 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbenz2008 (Post 644327)
I say texting is related to network issue, I have no prob however my friend was getting her texts hours late coming from the West to East..

There are a lot of people having this issue. There are a couple threads with this problem. I had one open a month ago about it. It seems that people that are in the "good" area of the coverage map are struggling with this issue. I upgraded to the Telus radio and it has helped significantly, but when I am at home, I still have this problem. Sprint tried to get me to buy an airave. I haven't pressed to try to get one for free yet because I got my TP for absolutely free. But, if it continues, I will definitely be trying for a free airave. I do a TON of texting (probably 4-5000 a month) and rely on it.

Rento_VW 01-23-2009 06:18 AM

I been having this problem lately and it seems to be getting worse... It hasn't bothered me much until tonight when I was walking home and some creepy *** old guy was following me home and my friend's texts to see if I was okay while I was walking never got to me until cops showed up at my door wondering if I was alright... This is NOT good. Total BS, texting is no joke and this **** needs to get fixed.

chazybaz13 01-23-2009 07:54 AM

From Seattle, WA and I still have issues with Sprint text messages. The pictureMail takes forever and a half to show up, both sent and received.

elosogrande7076 01-23-2009 10:26 AM

I had this issue last night and am not sure if its network issue or what. Then again i did change some settings on my TP yesterday but even before i changed them i was getting messages timestamped BEFORE i made the settings changes. I recently went from the stock radio to the leaked 1.11 radio and i also went fro hybrid to evdo only and am on Sprint only (no roaming) Do you think they are the changes or phone or network issue? I have reverted tothe orginal settings and see