PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Anyone having delayed text message issues? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51588)

aceracer24 01-23-2009 11:25 AM

Re: Anyone having delayed text message issues?

My GF has been having these issues since November and she is using a Samsung Rant. She is on my account. I am not having any issues at all. We have been calling Sprint over and over about the problem. They try something new every time and it fixes it for two or three days but the problem comes back. Sprint has already swapped the phone out so we know it's not the phone and we know it's not the account in general since I am not having any problems. It's either the profile for that number or something else. All you can do is to keep bugging Sprint about it. The problem has to get fixed eventually.

bairice 01-23-2009 12:54 PM

I've emailed ecare about this and they said that I would be getting a call from technical support to help me with my problem. We'll see if it works...

blazinazn 01-23-2009 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikebai1990 (Post 661163)
I've emailed ecare about this and they said that I would be getting a call from technical support to help me with my problem. We'll see if it works...

Report back if you see any improvements...

dallas contractor 01-23-2009 02:15 PM

Off topic a bit, I signed up with Sprint about the second year in business. After about two years my 3 phone stopped getting messages VM, and phone would only ring once and call would be gone. About a month latter I started getting VM from the month before, mind you I would check all day long. Being in a service business this was killing me. After four months of this I got the truth from a lady in support that it was nationwide and no hope for a fix. I was told for all that time it was my phones so I took them to service center and they were fine. So maybe the text will be fixed in the next four months, at least you are getting them in same day.

resnor 01-23-2009 02:59 PM

Is there anyway to get the timestamp on the text messages to be the correct time if you're in roaming? When I get txts while roaming, they are time stamped like, three hours earlier...so, instead of the txt showing up at the top of my messages when I click on the text message icon in TouchFlo, I have to click on all messages, then scroll through them all to see the one that's bolded. My old Sprint phone didn't have this problem. Roaming or in Sprint service, the texts always had the time stamp the same as the time on my phone.

Also, my wife sent me a txt today, and when I got it, I responded to her. She txted back, and was like, "I sent that an hour ago." So, it was weird...her first txt took an hour to get to me...but then we txted back and forth just fine. Weird.

marcus_cruz 01-23-2009 03:04 PM

Good luck all with arguiing whos at fault. I complain to sprint, they say it's verizon, I complain to verizon and they say it's sprint. Quite frankly I'm fed up with sprints inability to fix problems. I built 10 SMS servers at work for automated billing and customer related notifications as well as sms triggers on our devices in the field. The problem with sprint is backlog or poor code. Bottom line. My verizon to T-Mobile account gets 4 sms messages seconds apart, ATT to verizon milliseconds apart, sprint to all carriers sometimes minutes, sometimes hours or days.

ShadowDrake 01-23-2009 04:12 PM

Sometimes I get them on time, most of the time - in my apartment - they never show up.

I miss a LARGE percentage of calls in my apartment, texts come in late (more like, not at all) voicemail indicators never show up either. I had a close friend of mine trying to get a hold of me the other night. Sent her a text at 1:17 or so in the AM, she texted me right back. At about 1:45 she tried calling, twice... neither of which rang for me. On the second call, she left a voicemail. She said she kept trying to call every 15-20 minutes or so till about 4am, and none of them ever got to me. At 5:50 in the morning or so, my voicemail alert finally came through and woke me up. When I called it to check it, I got 12-15 texts while the call to voicemail was active, all dated through the night.

I don't have poor service at my apartment. With the telus radio, it's easily 4-5 bars out of 7. My Helio Ocean (sprint network as well) got 4/5 or 5/5 bars in the same locations and it had notoriously bad cell reception. My TP on the sprint radio got 1-2 bars if I was lucky. All VZW users have nearly perfect service there too.

There really isn't an excuse for this, and it's extremely frustrating because there are people who need to get in touch with me and I keep having to call my voicemail every 30 minutes or so to check if there are any texts that haven't been pushed to me. I've learned that after about 18 seconds in voicemail, when the lady says "To indicate your choice..." MOST waiting texts will then arrive.

All of my friends complain about how they can't get a hold of me because I don't answer. It's not that I'm not answering, it's that the damn phone rarely rings. It hits these points where it just totally stops receiving any 1xRTT data (calls/texts) and it stays that way till it times out or who knows what else hapens.

SS70Chevelle 01-23-2009 04:21 PM

Same problem but I found and answer (for me at least). I was having problems where every 10-15 text messages or so it would take 20, 30, or even an hour to get a text message but it would show a timestamp saying I should have received it much earlier. I went to my local sprint store and they told me it is an issue with the phone after the battery level drops below 60%. They plugged in my phone and did a radio update and it has helped a lot... He told me they have a ROM update on the way and they would call me when it is out and that it should fully fix the problem. So they are both aware of a problem and working on a fix. I also ran into another person with the Touch Pro having the same problem and he was also told the same thing.

ShadowDrake 01-23-2009 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS70Chevelle (Post 661902)
Same problem but I found and answer (for me at least). I was having problems where every 10-15 text messages or so it would take 20, 30, or even an hour to get a text message but it would show a timestamp saying I should have received it much earlier. I went to my local sprint store and they told me it is an issue with the phone after the battery level drops below 60%. They plugged in my phone and did a radio update and it has helped a lot... He told me they have a ROM update on the way and they would call me when it is out and that it should fully fix the problem. So they are both aware of a problem and working on a fix. I also ran into another person with the Touch Pro having the same problem and he was also told the same thing.

That would be nice, but my most recent issued happened while the phone was at 100% battery, sitting on the charger.

Their "radio update" is likely to the latest version of the Sprint radio as posted here in the radio thread:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46616

If your version is newer than the best sprint one there you should consider getting in contact with one of the people able to dump the radio and help the community and get us a new version of the radio available.

Also, I can't go to a Sprint store. Sprint around here is privately owned. They don't even have the diamond yet, and say the Pro will never be available.

aceracer24 01-23-2009 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS70Chevelle (Post 661902)
He told me they have a ROM update on the way and they would call me when it is out and that it should fully fix the problem. So they are both aware of a problem and working on a fix. I also ran into another person with the Touch Pro having the same problem and he was also told the same thing.

Wonderful but it's BS. I am using a the TP and I have not had a single issue. My GF is on a Samsung Rant and has this problem constantly.

I am not doubting that there might be a potential problem with the TP and battery level (not seen this either), but that would be a totally seperate issue. The late texting is something entirely unrelated to a specific phone. It's Sprint's service/servers/profiles that are at fault here.