PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Anyone having delayed text message issues? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51588)

digiblur 04-06-2009 09:55 AM

Re: Anyone having delayed text message issues?

I get this too every once in a while... especially when I'm downtown which is where I work. Sometimes incoming texts are just gone...and never come in. Usually about once a month I have the issue where texts are delayed anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour or two.

kidmet 04-06-2009 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digiblur (Post 827615)
I get this too every once in a while... especially when I'm downtown which is where I work. Sometimes incoming texts are just gone...and never come in. Usually about once a month I have the issue where texts are delayed anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour or two.

I had this happen at my house CONSISTENTLY. Now, I was in "good" (not "great") coverage area which went in and out of EVDO. I did get an Airave off craigslist for $40 and bit the bullet to pay $4 a month. It works like a charm. It is NOT a phone issue (most of the time) like some people have reported. (Some said they had this problem, got a new phone, and now don't have the problem).

ViciousTemptations 04-07-2009 04:14 AM

yes!! it has been a ridiculous issue with Sprint! - every other day there is something new with this stupid company or an "excuse" for their sh***y service, joinned 07/2007.

sorry for venting - they make a living hell each day

Slimcorn82 09-30-2009 12:27 PM

I had a HTC touch and upgraded to a touch pro. I have been having delayed txts (some up to 5 hours after time stamp) every night approx: 5pm-12am for about a year now. I will be upgrading to HTC hero next month. Anyone know if there is a fix for this yet?

[sammich] 09-30-2009 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slimcorn82 (Post 1204235)
I had a HTC touch and upgraded to a touch pro. I have been having delayed txts (some up to 5 hours after time stamp) every night approx: 5pm-12am for about a year now. I will be upgrading to HTC hero next month. Anyone know if there is a fix for this yet?

For a YEAR?! That's really strange. Have you talked to Sprint about it? They should be able to do something. Request and Airave to see if it fixes the issue.

Slimcorn82 09-30-2009 01:06 PM

I did a while ago but they never got back to me. I don't understand how I can have perfect service and make any out going call but everything coming in is affected.

xgirlxy 10-05-2009 08:52 PM

I'm getting the issue of getting the same tx for the last three days. Signed up for Syfy mobile reminders for Stargate Universe and I've been getting the same two tx for what seems like the last two days. Most of my other tx have not come through until tonight when I've been bombarded with emails from the last two days that are two days late.