PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2008, 07:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro> EVO
Carrier: Sprint

tx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to tx_jaycee
Re: Finally solved my problems with lag, weak battery life

bboyenko I prefer to use notes although your low tech options seems better than microsoft one note!!
Old 12-29-2008, 07:24 PM
N00b

haroonie is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSGamer View Post
I went with the Centro. Trying to get away from WinMo. So the 800w wasn't an option. I'll keep an eye out here and on the G1 forums for news of improvements in the OSes and battery life.
hope you just bought that centro (if your with sprint) then you've got 60 days(?) and can moan to sprint about centro sucking when the treo pro comes out! im possibly thinking about switching from the tp to the treo pro for the slim-ness / one handed keyboarding action.

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/1...pink-instinct/

oh wait that's WMobile too.. possible lag.. but i did enjoy my time on the palm 700wx(WM5/6.1) after my mogul, lag free and fast!
Old 12-30-2008, 01:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bboyneko is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbboyneko is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbboyneko is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to bboyneko

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:19 AM
N00b

oddlou is just getting started

Having come from a Centro... the battery life is just as ****ty and lag is probably worse than the stock pro. Its funny to read something like this post having been on treocentral for years, with the complaints being the opposite. Install a good custom rom on the tp, and the centro is much laggier and the battery life probably still worse. I liked the centro, but it's nowhere near as powerful or customizable as the tp. The Centro is great if you don't mind the (comparably) awful screen and the severe limitations as compared to the tp. Good luck to you.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

r1_rydah is keeping up the good workr1_rydah is keeping up the good workr1_rydah is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboyneko View Post

lol
I'm coming from a Palm O/S device and wouldn't even consider going back... there are definitely a few things I miss, but I don't miss them enough to go back... the touch pro was finally the device to lure me to the darkside... but with that being said, I would still recommend a centro to certain people, hell I'd even recommend a iphone to certain people (don't taze me!) lol... WM isn't for everyone...

Last edited by r1_rydah; 12-30-2008 at 02:46 AM.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good work

I appreciate the simplicity of PalmOS, but in reality it's several generations behind the times. I for one could never accept the limitations it imposes on me, despite its elegance. But I can accept that some people just don't have the same unrelenting desire to have the most capable device possible.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:37 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: ATT

xboxhaxorz is just getting started

Its useless post lik this that keep this forum going

While i do have some news. Battery life is all dependent on radio, i have tried several with 1.02.25.28 Raphael being the best so far. That was until 1.08.25.20M1 Raphael was released on the 8th and since then battery life has increased quite a bit, approximately 4 to 5 dys of very light usage.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=439566

This all depends on location though. Im in VA so others may experience terrible battery life while others experience amazing life. It all depends unfortunately.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evolicious

TreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I used to be a palm OS fan until I got a mogul and its like night and day. I would never go back to palm OS ever. Some things on palm are a little, stress little, bit faster but what do u expect when a palm OS doesnt have to multi task that much? The TP is hands down the most versatile and robust phone out there. It doesnt just do ONe thing well. It does everything well. So what if there is a second lag sometimes. Big deal. When has one second really mattered in life? And a Centro too? Thats phone suicide in these parts
Old 12-30-2008, 08:01 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

im also a former palm user. hardcore palm fangurl since about 01. the os is good. its relatively stable & very versatile, but it is HORRIBLY outdated. Its been basically the same for about 6-7 years now. WAY overdue for an overhaul. however, I was happy with my 755p. bought a mogul off craigslist(from a fellow forum member!) on a whim, and I probaably wouldn't go back to palm unless A: my mogul broke, B: I was feeling nostalgic, or C: they updated the os so that it performs comparably to WM. I used to HATE WM but now I love it. no random resets!!! that's the best part. I remember how I used to clench up, cross my fingers, and pray when testing a new palm program. if it didn't crash & cause a reset loop, I exhaled.

to the op- get a 755p. its the same os, same features, but its a bit bigger & the battery life is FAR better than the centro. I had a centro for a few months & the battery life was abysmal. or- give WM one more chance & go get a mogul! best phone EVAR.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

mapleleaf14 is becoming a great contributor

I came from a Centro to the TP. I noticed the opposite...my Centro battery life was far better than the TP. I could get 2-2 1/2 days out of my Centro and I have to plug my TP in at work at least for a couple of hours everyday to make sure it lasts all day/night. I also thought the Centro was faster than the TP, but like posted before - the TP is doing multiple things at once so it's understandable. My biggest gripe with the Centro was the screen not being flush actually - tough keeping that thing clean and lint free! The Treo Pro looks nice with it's flush screen, but I don't see how I could go back to that little screen after the screen on the TP.

The Palm OS is definitely more stable IMO though and I never woke up to find my Centro frozen like I do with the TP a couple of times a week among other things. If the TP wasn't such a cool phone, I'd have drop kicked it long ago!!

But it is what it is...both systems have their pros and cons - let's not act like they don't!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro