PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: How long will it take to get a replacement
New phone by Friday! Jan 2nd 4 15.38%
Next week sometime... Jan 9th 6 23.08%
Two weeks Jan 15th 8 30.77%
End of the month... Jan 31st 8 30.77%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2008, 08:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

grandmasterlarry is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Still no replacement!!!

go sprint.... heres what i get when i fill that out

Self Service Phone Replacement Tool

We are unable to process your request at this time due to an order system failure. Please allow 24 hours and try again or visit one of our Phone Repair Centers for further assistance. To find a Phone Repair Center, go to www.sprint.com/storelocator , select Phone Repair Center.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:27 PM
Lurker

mrdenial is a n00b

I have been waiting since Dec 6th for my Touch Pro replacement...

I'm guessing with all of the issues, HTC is trying to make sure the new phones going out are good.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:40 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

You people have sucky luck. My first replacement took 2 weeks, and when that one came in a piece of crap, I ordered a new one. That one was an advanced exchange done through *2 on the 16th, and I just received that replacement today. At least this one doesn't have a ****ed up screen out of the box.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:41 PM
Noob

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unaufhaltsam View Post
Has anyone else every used This? As long as you have TEP you get the phone next day or day after if you order to late. Slightly faster if you can't get to a corporate store.
I used it twice back in my Mogul days, then they stopped letting you order titans through it for a while (they said out of stock, blah blah). The fact that I couldn't get my mogul replaced after it gave up the ghost is what gave me leverage in my $99 TP deal.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2 & BB Tour
Carrier: Sprinter

badboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIP

you should have done what i did....
I85 Nextel--> LG VX6000--> Moto V710--> Motorola Razr V3c unlocked alltel--> Razr V3c Verizon Red UI--> Motorola e815--> HTC 6700--> Motorola Q--> HTC Mogul--> HTC TOUCH--> Blackberry Pearl--> Blackberry Curve--> Treo 800w--> HTC Touch Diamond--> HTC Touch Pro--> Blackberry TOUR--> HTC Touch Pro 2
Old 12-29-2008, 09:23 PM
Noob

what did you did?
Old 12-29-2008, 09:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

all anyone or companies in this country try to do is rip people off or make money for some bull **** reason or some gay *** lawsuit which is complete bull **** or be told you can’t do this you can’t do that I’m so sick of it... only in the country where you can sue for spilling coffee on yourself... only in America... now we get to look forword to OBAMA...
Old 12-29-2008, 09:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2 & BB Tour
Carrier: Sprinter

badboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
what did you did?
i had a similar experience two days ago and what i did was bill a brand new pro onto my account and walked out of the store with it. i will deal with sprint on monday in another city.

i haven't gone to a sprint store yet.. what i am probably going to do is have them order my replacement and hold on to the phone that was billed to my account until my replacement comes...
Old 12-29-2008, 10:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

and just bring it back after the 30days? day they activate the phone on the number you had on the broken phone?
Old 12-29-2008, 11:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOuch Pro

Uemantra is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Uemantra Send a message via MSN to Uemantra Send a message via Yahoo to Uemantra Send a message via Skype™ to Uemantra

Being a sprint service and repair tech all i can say is with any new phone on sprint you have to just hope it doesn't break in the first few months.

They don't give us a lot of options to deal with customers. I work at an indirect store so getting a new touch pro to replace a customers device is not at all easy. We can order a new one through E*Ticket but so far they come in about 2 months. We cannot order new ones as swaps as Sprint has for some reason stopped indirect stores from being able to sell the Touch Pro (even though we used to have no problems selling it.)

I would probably ask the store for a loaner phone if your device is not working at all, so you have something to use at least. If they won't do that for you complain to sprint corporate over the phone and threaten to cancel your contract if you do not get a new phone shipped to you.

If there is anything I have learned about sprint, threatening to cancel your contract will get you everywhere. Hang in there bud.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro