PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2009, 04:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 6/8/09 FIRMWARE UPDATE: Verizon GPS Unlocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkat20 View Post
Hi..if u want to get the Unlocking Related Instructions for the samsung mobile u can just use the site http://www.mobileunlockguide.com/ .I used it during my samsung mobile unlocking from verizon network
This thread is about unlocking the GPS chip not the Network settings withing your device.

Accepted NOT Expected
Old 07-05-2009, 11:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700 ->HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

aksarben is a n00b

I did the Verizon update and lost my WiFi and cannot pair with GPS receiver, and now I want to go back to the original Verizon firmware and use your version. Will you advise me on how I can do that? I searched and could not find the answer.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

AtomicX is a n00b

Im running the energy Rom and I have Location set to On, the rate at 4800 and COM4, Use GPS in google maps on, QuickGPS downloaded ok, but when I search for satellites I get 0.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:32 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

look at the device information page and tell me what PRI is listed

also it seems the first lock can be the hardest and it really helps to be outside when you try it
Old 07-06-2009, 03:33 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksarben View Post
I did the Verizon update and lost my WiFi and cannot pair with GPS receiver, and now I want to go back to the original Verizon firmware and use your version. Will you advise me on how I can do that? I searched and could not find the answer.
PPST1.46.cab is the original one that your device came with. Just install it like you would the fix and then install the file I authored after that.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

AtomicX is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
look at the device information page and tell me what PRI is listed

also it seems the first lock can be the hardest and it really helps to be outside when you try it
I was outside, not a cloud in the sky.

PRI Version: 1.46_002
Old 07-06-2009, 03:50 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

ok now install PPST2.01 and go thru the steps listed in post 1

you PRI info should reflect as 2.01_002 once it is complete
Old 07-06-2009, 08:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond

Boss428man is a n00b

Hi lllboredlll, Great work for the touch pro. Can you give any advice on the Verizon Diamond XV6950? Do either of your patches work for this phone. Are there any ways of fixing the Verizon Diamond. I've called Verizon and talked with CS, TS, ETC, and managers in each department. It doesn't sound like they are going to update the phone or that they care. Thanks for your hard work and help!
Old 07-06-2009, 09:01 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

you could try PPST2.01 to see... if it dont work it will fail during the nvitem update and just default back to the original
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond

Boss428man is a n00b

Thank you for getting back to me. Knock on wood it goes perfectly, if not how do I default back to the original?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro