PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2008, 02:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

auto_exec is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Message tab "Menu" non-functional

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
Well everything works up until I install the music logo manila file. I don't know what else it could be... The filename is 26948339_manila.

@freeza - I tried those before and had noticed the same issue, but then i found a cab that worked. 15 tabs, and the menu item worked. When I tried to use that package's 26948339_manila file, it sent tf3d into a startup loop.
I had this same issue when dropping in someone else's edited manilla file... it is indeed the 26948339_manila file that causes this.

Oddly enough, when I made the change on my own via Total Commander (select the manilla file and File -> Edit), the menu on the Message tab works just fine.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
I have a slightly similar problem.

The menu works, but one of the buttons says 'IDS_MESSAGING_FORWARD...' under New, above Delete.
Something must have went awry when you changed the 26948339_manila file.

If you look in there, about halfway down in landscape mode you should see this:

<DialogItem Name="Menu">
<DialogItem Name="New" Title'"[[IDS_MESSAGING_NEW]]"/>
<DialogItem Name="Reply" Title'"[[IDS_MESSAGING_REPLY]]"/>
<DialogItem Name="Forward" Title'"[[IDS_MESSAGING_FORWARD]]"/>
<DialogItem Name="Delete" Title'"[[IDS_MESSAGING_DELETE]]"/>

Check out the syntax in your manila and see if it's the same.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:42 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Quote:
Well everything works up until I install the music logo manila file. I don't know what else it could be... The filename is 26948339_manila.

@freeza - I tried those before and had noticed the same issue, but then i found a cab that worked. 15 tabs, and the menu item worked. When I tried to use that package's 26948339_manila file, it sent tf3d into a startup loop.

mind hooking me up with the cab? i've been wanting call history and calendar with a functioning txt msg menu button
Old 12-19-2008, 02:52 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

I got my files from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=452958

and here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=453831

you can see in the second link I posted there, someone has the same exact issue as I do, and the op tell them to find the solution in another thread.

Old 12-19-2008, 02:57 PM
i like turtles
Threadstarter

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_exec View Post
I had this same issue when dropping in someone else's edited manilla file... it is indeed the 26948339_manila file that causes this.

Oddly enough, when I made the change on my own via Total Commander (select the manilla file and File -> Edit), the menu on the Message tab works just fine.
this is probably what I'll have to do. I just need to find the instructions on what to delete or add to get rid of that banner.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:11 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinazn View Post
Something must have went awry when you changed the 26948339_manila file.

If you look in there, about halfway down in landscape mode you should see this:

<DialogItem Name="Menu">
<DialogItem Name="New" Title'"[[IDS_MESSAGING_NEW]]"/>
<DialogItem Name="Reply" Title'"[[IDS_MESSAGING_REPLY]]"/>
<DialogItem Name="Forward" Title'"[[IDS_MESSAGING_FORWARD]]"/>
<DialogItem Name="Delete" Title'"[[IDS_MESSAGING_DELETE]]"/>

Check out the syntax in your manila and see if it's the same.
Should I open it in notepad, replace it with that text, then replace it on my phone? Thanks
Old 12-19-2008, 03:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
Should I open it in notepad, replace it with that text, then replace it on my phone? Thanks
I guess you could do that. You could always edit it with Total Commander on your phone to see if there are any discrepancies.

My guess is something got messed up and its showing the syntax instead of the proper name for the button.

EDIT: I've attached a copy of my _manila file. You can use it to compare and contrast with yours.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 26948339_manila.zip (4.2 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by blazinazn; 12-19-2008 at 03:26 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

auto_exec is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
this is probably what I'll have to do. I just need to find the instructions on what to delete or add to get rid of that banner.
You need to open the file with Total Commander and find this section:

Code:
      <Page Order="5" Name="music.page" PackageName="HTC" Title="[[IDS_MUSICTITLE]]" ExternalScriptPath="HTC\Scripts\sprintmusic.luac">
        <ComponentReference Name="page" 			   Mode9Path="HTC\music.mode9" Component="GizmoRoot" SmartComponent="true" />
        <ComponentReference Name="icon_normal"   Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="Music_Off" />
        <ComponentReference Name="icon_selected" Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="Music_On" />
        <ComponentReference Name="icon_preview"  Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="Music_Preview" />
      </Page>
You'll want to delete the part from the first line that says:

Code:
ExternalScriptPath="HTC\Scripts\sprintmusic.luac"
So you should wind up with:

Code:
      <Page Order="5" Name="music.page" PackageName="HTC" Title="[[IDS_MUSICTITLE]]" >
        <ComponentReference Name="page" 			   Mode9Path="HTC\music.mode9" Component="GizmoRoot" SmartComponent="true" />
        <ComponentReference Name="icon_normal"   Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="Music_Off" />
        <ComponentReference Name="icon_selected" Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="Music_On" />
        <ComponentReference Name="icon_preview"  Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="Music_Preview" />
      </Page>
That's the only change I made to this file, and it worked. Hope that helps.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:15 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinazn View Post
I guess you could do that. You could always edit it with Total Commander on your phone to see if there are any discrepancies.

My guess is something got messed up and its showing the syntax instead of the proper name for the button.

EDIT: I've attached a copy of my _manila file. You can use it to compare and contrast with yours.
Found it. It seems that the syntax didn't separate between the display name and the code.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:19 PM
i like turtles
Threadstarter

thank you auto exec. Works great now. My touchflo3d is exactly the way I want it now!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro