PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2009, 03:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

groovdafied is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Invisible Shield Installation

You know what, I'm expecting a replacement for my shield, since it got cut... I think I will do a video on that...cause with me, it was quite easy! I did the following (not in order sorry, just typing as it comes to mind)

Tip 1) spray a lot of the solution on your finger tips before pealing that skin off the adhesive paper. That will avoid any finger prints

Tip 2) Also make sure that you do not have any debris on your screen & make sure the screen is ultra clean!

Tip 3) I used my finger tips on the smallest part of the skin's corner to peal away from the paper (with my fingers sprayed) and when holding on to that part, you can then put the FRONT side (non sticky side) on your hand and spray away until that thing is all wet.

Tip 4) make sure your phone is off and apply that skin from top to bottom. What I did was sorta rolled it on with the top of the skin meeting the top of the phone and I just rolled the rest on very slowly.

Once you have it positioned right, squeegie away!

I found it easier then I expected it to be, I though it was going to be hard with all this mess, but it came out perfect for me.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTCTouch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Prez808 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Re: Invisible Shield Installation

For whatever reason when I applied the Invisible Shield product, the pieces seemed to be longer than they should have been. I always applied everything to the very edge (before covering up a mic or speaker) and still had extra length. On the long piece that is on the side of the sliding face, I had to trim a few mm off, otherwise the product would have gone a few mm over the power button.

So far I'm not too impressed with this product. I've installed BSE's skin and never had these issues, not sure if I got a kit that was cut wrong or what? Any one else found the pieces to be a bit too long?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro