PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2008, 01:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC
Carrier: Sprint

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Seidio Extended Battery worth it? 2000 mAh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
Haha... Is that your extended battery in your pocket or are you happy to see me?
LOL ...alright I will stop now...we are turning this thread into a "chatt room"..lol.
Don't just say "Thanks"....give
Old 12-17-2008, 01:34 AM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
I'd rather carry two batteries, like I'm currently doing. That thing will mess up the look of the phone. Go ahead and get it, if you want to look like a real ppcgeek. Chicks will dig you.
The '90s called, they want their stereotypes of geeks who can't get laid back.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
I'd rather carry two batteries, like I'm currently doing. That thing will mess up the look of the phone. Go ahead and get it, if you want to look like a real ppcgeek. Chicks will dig you.
Best solution so far IMO. I have two batteries and usually, the first dies at around 5pm, second last me the rest of the day and more but i just charge rotate after that.\

We really need a charge stand for batteries though lol. Im thinking of buying that 1500mah battery for the hell of it, the 2000mah just looks to ridiculous for my tast.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Can't Touch This...PRO TOO!
Carrier: Sprint4Life

dbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good work

How long before that "fuel cell" technology comes out? I read an article that their batteries will run for over a week without a charge. And then after it runs out, boost it with some butane and it's back up and running again. Could you imagine never having to charge your phone again?!!?

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/co...xsvc=7&cxcat=6
Old 12-17-2008, 01:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

qper is keeping up the good workqper is keeping up the good work

Has anybody seen this battery? Will it work with the Sprint Touch Pro?

http://www.cellphoneshop.net/probattery.html
Old 12-17-2008, 01:59 AM
Timeless

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbldwn02 View Post
How long before that "fuel cell" technology comes out? I read an article that their batteries will run for over a week without a charge. And then after it runs out, boost it with some butane and it's back up and running again. Could you imagine never having to charge your phone again?!!?

First one's supposed to hit in 2009, but it's not meant to be built into the device, but instead power a brick-like devices that will charge USB-connected devices such as iPods and, yes, our phones. So all it does is provide an external charge and not replace the internal battery. I would suspect it will still be at least two to three years before they successfully have any running in something as small as a reasonable phone, and even then they'll be mainly prototypes. I'm not sure the technology will ever be quite reasonable for phones. It puts us right back at having to purchase disposable power sources (like AAs) instead of recharging as-needed from electrical outlets. You end up having to either buy small fuel cartridges, or refuel them like you would a cigarette lighter. That ends up requiring consistent purchases of supplies which just isn't convenient.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:01 AM
Timeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by qper View Post
Has anybody seen this battery? Will it work with the Sprint Touch Pro?

http://www.cellphoneshop.net/probattery.html
Yes, but it's pretty small...
Old 12-17-2008, 02:02 AM
N00b
Carrier: Usually my right hand
Threadstarter

TheLuMan7 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to TheLuMan7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbldwn02 View Post

heh, i heard of some laptop batteries catching on fire, imagine if it was made of "combustible liquids or gasses,"but yea, turbo is right with what he said, and im starting to maybe accept the look of it in the new picture they have up
Old 12-17-2008, 02:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

qper is keeping up the good workqper is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
Yes, but it's pretty small...
not bad for a backup for $12.99. they also have a desktop battery charger for $4.99. less than 20 bucks for backup power is it worth it?
Old 12-17-2008, 02:15 AM
N00b
Carrier: Usually my right hand
Threadstarter

TheLuMan7 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to TheLuMan7

I think I'm gonna try the 1500 minute battery first and see how it works for me... who knows, maybe i'll get lucky and it'll be just enough, and if it's not i'll return it (seidio's policy lets you return batteries, you just eat the s&h ) and get the 2000 and hope i can get used to the back

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro