View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 01:59 AM
TurboFool
Timeless

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Re: Seidio Extended Battery worth it? 2000 mAh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbldwn02 View Post
How long before that "fuel cell" technology comes out? I read an article that their batteries will run for over a week without a charge. And then after it runs out, boost it with some butane and it's back up and running again. Could you imagine never having to charge your phone again?!!?

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/co...xsvc=7&cxcat=6
First one's supposed to hit in 2009, but it's not meant to be built into the device, but instead power a brick-like devices that will charge USB-connected devices such as iPods and, yes, our phones. So all it does is provide an external charge and not replace the internal battery. I would suspect it will still be at least two to three years before they successfully have any running in something as small as a reasonable phone, and even then they'll be mainly prototypes. I'm not sure the technology will ever be quite reasonable for phones. It puts us right back at having to purchase disposable power sources (like AAs) instead of recharging as-needed from electrical outlets. You end up having to either buy small fuel cartridges, or refuel them like you would a cigarette lighter. That ends up requiring consistent purchases of supplies which just isn't convenient.