PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2008, 07:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps
Re: Would someone test my Slingbox with your Touch Pro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbldwn02 View Post
I don't even have a custom rom. Just the plain old stock sprint rom.

That could very well be your problem

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
Old 12-16-2008, 08:05 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPeeps View Post
That could very well be your problem
I use stock rom, and have no problem with my slingbox and I have comcast cable.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
I use stock rom, and have no problem with my slingbox and I have comcast cable.

LOL it was a joke

However its common practice (at least with me it is) to try a cleaned up, custom, non bloatware ROM whenever something isnt working too great on Stock
Old 12-16-2008, 11:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Can't Touch This...PRO TOO!
Carrier: Sprint4Life
Threadstarter

dbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good work

Well, I've tried contacting a few peeps here that wanted to try it out, but I guess they just want to watch my HBO. HAHA. Haven't heard back from them yet. Anyone else wanna give it a shot? Please P.M. me and I'll send you the new password. Thanks!
Old 12-16-2008, 11:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

frittob is just getting started

ditto on the pm me if you need another tester
My slingbox works great on my TP (Stock ROM (for now) ... Verizon FIOS)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:10 AM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Quote:
Well, I've tried contacting a few peeps here that wanted to try it out, but I guess they just want to watch my HBO. HAHA. Haven't heard back from them yet. Anyone else wanna give it a shot? Please P.M. me and I'll send you the new password. Thanks!
Or maybe the Skinemax?

Old 12-17-2008, 12:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

dbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadlyAlive View Post
Or maybe the Skinemax?
*Changing password now, so no-one gets to steal my Skin-a-max. HAHA.

Frittob up there tried it out for me and received the same error as me. I'll look into firmware upgrades for my Linkcrap N router and Slingbox Pro.

Thanks for the help tob!
Old 12-17-2008, 12:30 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
*Changing password now, so no-one gets to steal my Skin-a-max. HAHA.

Frittob up there tried it out for me and received the same error as me. I'll look into firmware upgrades for my Linkcrap N router and Slingbox Pro.

Thanks for the help tob!
If you need help still, hit me up. Don't worry about your channels because I work for comcast and have every channel available to me. I wouldn't mine helping out plus I already have my slingbox working on my TP.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Exclamation Re: Would someone test my Slingbox with your Touch Pro?

I've let a bunch of peeps try to log in and only one was able to watch longer than 5 minutes.

Will anyone let me try to connect to your Slingbox to see if it's something in my network? Just change your password to something temporary. I won't watch skin-a-max.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Mrbonner is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadlyAlive View Post
Or maybe the Skinemax?
I got a story bout that too lol.

I was taking a vaca trip to Miami with my girlfriend and couldnt sleep on a particular night. So I decided to fire up the slingbox on my 6700 cause the miami stations were boring. Anyways I skip thru the channels and reached cinemax. Skinemax was on but didnt feel like watchin, so I changed the channel.

All of a sudden, the channels changes back to cinemax. So im like wth? Who's in my room? So I changed to cartoon network, it changes back to skinemax. I go to change the channel again but I accidentally pressed the fast forward button (Had Direct tv with tivo at the time) but quickly pressed play.

Its like the floodgates were opened, cause apparently the person who was switching the channels didnt know u could rewind or fast forward. So the person in my room started rewinding the skinemax to the beggining. At this point I woke up my gf, like ur not gonna believe this.

I showed her what was going on by pressing pause and changing the channels. Sure enough they switched back. I told her lets just see what they gonna do next. The person in my room, started to fast forward all the talking and pressed play to watch the sex scenes. Kept messing with them for a min, right as they were about to get it on, id change it to cnn or the wether channel. It would always go right to back to skinemax and they would always rewind to the point were they left off. Me and my girl were cracking up.

So I get back home and I'm waiting for someone to confront me about my "phantom" tv. Sure enough my dad comes to me and tells me sumtin is wrong with my tv because it keeps changing stations on its own. Also that my mom couldnt figure out what was happening either.

So first thing I did when I got into my room was change the sheets, pillow cases and comforter cause I dont even wanna know what went on in there smh. Anytime I went away after that, I made sure my room door was locked lol.

Last edited by Mrbonner; 12-17-2008 at 02:32 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro