PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Would someone test my Slingbox with your Touch Pro? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49342)

dbldwn02 12-16-2008 04:20 PM

Would someone test my Slingbox with your Touch Pro?

I've been having constant problems with my Touch Pro slinging to my house. My Touch did it fairly well, but my PRO disconnects every 30sec-2min saying "Weak signal....cannot continue streaming" (Even with full EVDO signal) It's never worked with this phone. (I've already hard-reset my phone)

It's driving me insane! I've already setup my router for port fowarding and it works on my laptop for remote viewing. I can sling to my Touch Pro using my home-wifi, but not over EVDO.

I'm trying to narrow down the problem, so if someone wouldn't mind watching my Slingbox on their phone, I would be very grateful.

You can post here or PM me. Thanks!

EDIT:

IT WORKS!!! I'm finally done with this crap. All I did was change the port number from 5001 to 443 on my router.

That crappy auto setup program that they have on their website sucks. It puts in the wrong port number, so if you're having problems viewing your Sling just open another port with a 443.

Thanks for everyone's help!

hibby50 12-16-2008 04:27 PM

Re: Would someone test my Slingbox with your Touch Pro?

ill give it a shot.... pm me

No1ustad 12-16-2008 04:33 PM

x2, i got slingbox, i'll give it a slingshot

mavblues 12-16-2008 04:54 PM

X3 - PM me if you need help.

I use a slingbox with my Pro.

Only time I have gotten that message is when my Comcast upload speeds drop down real low. :protest:

Run speedtest on your home network and see what your upload speed is.

dbldwn02 12-16-2008 04:58 PM

I have Fiber-Optic DSL. It is consistently 15 Mbps/768 kbps. The phone will stream at almost 300 kbps. And then drops instantly. It doesn't stutter or anything.

a_c_s 12-16-2008 05:23 PM

I have and use Slingbox with Time Warner Road Runner cable in NYC...streaming seems fine and the program works MUCH better than it did on my Treo 755p...only time I've had the weak signal is on a train, which could be expected periodically...

aiverson23 12-16-2008 05:31 PM

yea if you still need some1 else to test your slingbox ill give it a look for you. My sling box is fine and im using comcast. What kind of cable are you using?

dbldwn02 12-16-2008 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiverson23 (Post 582202)
yea if you still need some1 else to test your slingbox ill give it a look for you. My sling box is fine and im using comcast. What kind of cable are you using?

Fiber-Optic DSL 15 down / 768 Upload

peaynut1992 12-16-2008 05:44 PM

I think you have enough testers, but let me know if you need another one. I am using it on my Pro as well without any issues watching my Comcast DVR.

dbldwn02 12-16-2008 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peaynut1992 (Post 582236)
I think you have enough testers, but let me know if you need another one. I am using it on my Pro as well without any issues watching my Comcast DVR.

Damn. This is just driving me crazy seeing how many people are using it with no problem. Why me?!

I don't even have a custom rom. Just the plain old stock sprint rom.