PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2008, 04:12 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Video Call on Pro.

Ok... I was successfully able to do this but partially. I was at my local Mall and they have WIFI (free). SOI decided to try hat i used to do with my 6700. I have webcameraplus installed on my Pro and my home PC. I connected to the malls WIFI and launched webcameraplus and successfully connected to my Home PC with Webcameraplus already waiting for my ip connection. Once connected I called my GF and told her to turn on the monitor and "BAM!" there I was in a live feed while talking to her. Kinda cool ho we are able to do this just like the ol 6700 days. Hers a free trial if anyone wanna try this http://www.ateksoft.com/download.html

BTW.. you need to have wifi access in order for this to work.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700>htc 6800>htc 6900>htc 6850>touch pro 2!
Carrier: Sprint sero

kaeslumz is keeping up the good workkaeslumz is keeping up the good workkaeslumz is keeping up the good work
Re: Video Call on Pro.

after installing the program, how can i set up the ip connection between my computer and phone? I dont know anything about this connection lol
Old 12-10-2008, 04:22 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

First find out your home IP connection. (whatismyip.com) Have the webcameraplu already running on your pc. On your Pro just open up webcameraplu and go to network and enter the IP from your home. Thats it. If you are using a rauter then you need to access your router inside data by login in adn retrive you real ip.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6900
Carrier: Sprint

Mikeschevelle is just getting started

cool. This is the only reason that a front facing camera would be nice
Old 12-10-2008, 04:30 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

I know. But its still very uasable. Just turn on the speaker and turn the ppc backwards to your face. Or better yet.. use the blutooth or wired headset. Its actually a very cool program. I used it very productive the other day when I was looking for a gift. I was not sure if I should have bought black shoes or blue shoes. So i told my gf to give me her opinion so I told her to just go to the PC and wait for my live video. Took me 20 seconds to get the feed going and then she was able to see both colored shoes ..LIVE. Very nice indeed.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6900

Mikeschevelle is just getting started

yeah but with a front facing cam you could see her while you talk. I guess you can stand by a mirror?
Old 12-10-2008, 04:55 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Ohh I see what you mean. Well with this one program its only half way thru. The PC can see you but you cant see the PC.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dole is becoming a great contributor

no-ip.com's a free service that'll let you assign a domain name to your ip, auto-updates their site (if you run their client) with your dynamic ip address so you can hit it by name. the selectable names kinda suck, but... it's free. :/
Verizon: Motorola v325

"Make a u-turn, and then, continue"
Old 12-10-2008, 05:22 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dole View Post
no-ip.com's a free service that'll let you assign a domain name to your ip, auto-updates their site (if you run their client) with your dynamic ip address so you can hit it by name. the selectable names kinda suck, but... it's free. :/

Very nice. I will give it a shot.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: T7380 Touch Pro 2 <-6850 <-6800 <- 6700 <- 6600...

wavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeschevelle View Post
cool. This is the only reason that a front facing camera would be nice
If my memory serves me, the original specs on the TP included a front facing camera for this very reason. It was only 1 mp though. I had thought that's what the little clear piece is on the left part of the speaker...otherwise what is that thing for?

EDIT: Apparently this is a light sensor, but mine doesn't work...

Last edited by wavezero; 12-11-2008 at 03:36 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro