PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 02:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon TP Issues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvOreo View Post
Same small bump on my TP. Haven't ever tried or needed VZN. I use a Garmin Nuvi for that. Convergence is great, but some things are best left to discrete devices. Same logic goes for iPod - it's battery life and storage volume are so much better as a discrete device that it's worth to me to travel with multiple devices instead of trying to get all that functionality working on my phone/communications device, whose battery is so short-lived.
To each there own! I would prefer to have a converged device with GPS, music player, etc just so I dont have to lug three devices or even two.

But like I said, to each there own. As long as you have what you want.

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 12-02-2008, 02:50 PM
Lurker

SteveoSupremo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I have the bump as well I'm just wondering if it will effect performance of the touch screen.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTP Touch Pro
Carrier: The Communist Lockdown
Threadstarter

scott@mac-pc-assist.com is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle4269 View Post
sure u can...click the weather tab..then menu...add location

Cannot add my entire area, not one city is listed...
Old 12-02-2008, 04:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6850
Carrier: Verizon

Import Junky is a n00b

are they making you pay for the VZNavigator usage? if so thats really lame...
Old 12-02-2008, 09:18 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Import Junky View Post
are they making you pay for the VZNavigator usage? if so thats really lame...
Nope, I voluntary enrolled so I could use it for business and client calls.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:30 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Right now I want to run aorund the I-10 screaming.

I cannot beleive that Verizon has done the stupidest move ever - the Navigator is unable to connect to the Outlook database and vice versa, something my Sprint Mogul was able to do without a problem. Useless for me to copy the data out of the device only to re-enter into another program on the same device. And the worst, I cannot use ANY OTHER program for GPS navigation since it is locked to the VZ NAvigator. Crippled? No retarded.

And why am I still seeing Barcelona, Paris and London on the dang phone? Because the morons in Verizon's Nazi/cult marketing division have decided to lock that database as well. Maybe there is a way to add my local city, but I have tried every method on the boards and it seems it too is locked beyond control.

Now I am off tomorrow to try the Omnia...three phones in three weeks...anyone got a pager and a roll of quarters to sell?
Old 12-03-2008, 03:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

nemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to nemanracing

First WM device? TF3D is not that hard to figure out... On the Weather tab, click menu. Then select Remove location. Do that till all the defaults are gone... Then click menu, Add location. Select your Country. Talking about the I-10, I assume your in the US... Then select your city(or one close). As far as VZNav, yeah it sucks... but it is free for the first 30 days and it acts the same no matter what device its on... so VZNav on the Omnia will be the same... and gps is locked to VZNav... Soon enough there will be an unlocker to be able to fix up your touch pro the way you want... The Omnia you'll be stuck with what VZW gives you...
History:XV6850 WM6.5,PPC6850 WM6.5 on VZW,XV6850 WM6.1/Telus Radio,VZW Omnia,XV6900 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6800 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6700 WM6,Samsung i760,Moto Q9m,Moto Q,XV6700,VZW Treo 700WX,Treo 700W,Samsung i730,XV6600,Treo 650,Treo 600,Kyocera 7135
Old 12-03-2008, 04:47 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemanracing View Post
First WM device? TF3D is not that hard to figure out... On the Weather tab, click menu. Then select Remove location. Do that till all the defaults are gone... Then click menu, Add location. Select your Country. Talking about the I-10, I assume your in the US... Then select your city(or one close). As far as VZNav, yeah it sucks... but it is free for the first 30 days and it acts the same no matter what device its on... so VZNav on the Omnia will be the same... and gps is locked to VZNav... Soon enough there will be an unlocker to be able to fix up your touch pro the way you want... The Omnia you'll be stuck with what VZW gives you...
I started with some version on an Ipaq a few years ago...I have lost track of all of the versions...but first one on verizon.

Coachella Valley. Not ONE city nearby has the same weather.

An unlocker? I mught just keep this thing.

Newbie to GPS stuff...had the Pharos setup with the iPaq for getting around this area in 04-05 since I was new...

What other SW is there assuming that an unlock can be found for this? I desperately need to hook into my contacts and really do not want to go back to the Storm or an non-touch screen Blackberry.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: vzw

creedin is keeping up the good workcreedin is keeping up the good workcreedin is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to creedin Send a message via MSN to creedin

i think for 300+ dollars you should, you should get a cosmetically perfect device, of course with some acceptions!
Old 12-03-2008, 08:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

As soon as the vz touchpro is unlockable (if it isn't already), you guys will be all set.

I bought a sprint TP & I'm running it on my verizon account, but even using the verizon leaked ROM I have fully functional GPS etc. aGPS mods don't seem to work like they did in my Titan, so it takes quite a bit longer to obtain a lock (& I prime it with HTC GPS tool) but once it does it works super.

The vz version of TF3D is butt-ugly IMHO, so I swapped that for a slightly modded version of the sprint setup & added Second Today so I can run weather panel from a soft button click.

I really LOVED my totally tricked out Titan's & was not at all sure I would like the TP & its total lack of hardware buttons but I'm getting used to working around that I guess. I'm not one of the fan boys here that thinks the sprint TP is the ultimate awesome setup that blows everything else out of the water.

I REALLY REALLY miss the dedicated hardware buttons of the Titan/Mogul & if I could figure out a way to put the awesome memory & screen from the TP into a Titan I would switch back in a heartbeat.

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro