PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Verizon TP Issues... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47403)

scott@mac-pc-assist.com 12-02-2008 01:11 PM

Verizon TP Issues...

First, I think this is a pretty darn cool phone regardless of the locking in to Verizon's junk...

I wanted to see if anyone else out there has a problem with a little tiny deformation, a kinda bump sticking up where it says Verizon on the screen;

And, I was wondering if anyone has figured out how to get the VZW Navigator to connect to the Outlook Contacts? I was pretty frustrated yesterday in that I have to write a client's address on paper and then copy it back into the damn phone. Stupid.

Microxot 12-02-2008 01:18 PM

Re: Verizon TP Issues...

I also noticed the same deformation, but it is so small, it doesn't bother me.

My big issue at the moment is not being able to use the interal GPS with Google Maps (like I could on the Mogul). Is anyone working on a patch?

kyle4269 12-02-2008 01:52 PM

The same deformation is there on mine also..but like Microxot said its small so its not a big deal for me..

As far as the VZW Navigator goes I havent even messed with it. I used it on my other phones and wasnt too crazy about it.

scott@mac-pc-assist.com 12-02-2008 01:53 PM

I just wanted to see if an alien would be popping out of its chest, and dancing across my desk....

SilvOreo 12-02-2008 02:05 PM

Same small bump on my TP. Haven't ever tried or needed VZN. I use a Garmin Nuvi for that. Convergence is great, but some things are best left to discrete devices. Same logic goes for iPod - it's battery life and storage volume are so much better as a discrete device that it's worth to me to travel with multiple devices instead of trying to get all that functionality working on my phone/communications device, whose battery is so short-lived.

scott@mac-pc-assist.com 12-02-2008 02:16 PM

What about the weather? I cannot even change the information. Even with the hacks that have been posted...really, Barcelona?

kyle4269 12-02-2008 02:19 PM

sure u can...click the weather tab..then menu...add location

thesfactor 12-02-2008 02:29 PM

I have a Sprint Touch Pro and have the same little bump...its not on the screen however, it's on the bottom part where it says HTC on the black border...

scrosler 12-02-2008 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott@mac-pc-assist.com (Post 555032)
First, I think this is a pretty darn cool phone regardless of the locking in to Verizon's junk...

I wanted to see if anyone else out there has a problem with a little tiny deformation, a kinda bump sticking up where it says Verizon on the screen;

And, I was wondering if anyone has figured out how to get the VZW Navigator to connect to the Outlook Contacts? I was pretty frustrated yesterday in that I have to write a client's address on paper and then copy it back into the damn phone. Stupid.

Mine has it to, my co-workers has the problem and another co-worker with sprint has the problem.

The bubble on the sprint phone is BARELY noticable while the bubbles on our VZW phone are noticable.

scrosler 12-02-2008 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesfactor (Post 555204)
I have a Sprint Touch Pro and have the same little bump...its not on the screen however, it's on the bottom part where it says HTC on the black border...

Yes, I think thats what he meant.

They all have them. Some are just more noticable then others.