PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2008, 04:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Diamond Pro
Carrier: Sprint

mtb29er is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: FINALLY fixed my picturemail - HOW TO

Quote:
Originally Posted by snovvman View Post
This is what to do:

Go to dialpad, enter ##DATA#, choose Edit, enter MSL, and use left soft menu key and choose Restore. The phone will reboot.

Once it reboots, go to Settings/System and choose Update Profile. This should repopulate the phone's custom data settings, including the AAA shared key, IP address, vision email address, etc.

I've done this many times for a variety of reasons. Do at own risk.
yeah I have done all that. still dont have working pic mail. Worked fine till I got this phone.
Old 11-27-2008, 04:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtb29er View Post
yeah I have done all that. still dont have working pic mail. Worked fine till I got this phone.
If you haven't, call Sprint and ask them to "reprovision" your PM account. This requires them to remove PM from your account and re-add. For most people, all the pictures remain and there are no pain associated with this.

With the introduction of Diamond and TP, it seems that the PM notification SMS has changed a bit in data structure. If you had the PM account for some time, it's possible that the new phones simply do no recognize the old data format.

By reprovisioning, the account is updated. This is how I resolved my PM issue with my Diamond. Now it works fine on the TP as well.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-27-2008, 04:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
If you haven't, call Sprint and ask them to "reprovision" your PM account. This requires them to remove PM from your account and re-add. For most people, all the pictures remain and there are no pain associated with this.

With the introduction of Diamond and TP, it seems that the PM notification SMS has changed a bit in data structure. If you had the PM account for some time, it's possible that the new phones simply do no recognize the old data format.

By reprovisioning, the account is updated. This is how I resolved my PM issue with my Diamond. Now it works fine on the TP as well.
yep did that to.
Old 11-27-2008, 04:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtb29er View Post
yep did that to.
Sorry, don't know what else to tell you. I presume you are using the latest version of SPM?

When I first got the Diamond, I didn't like SPM, having come from the Touch with sMMS. I see that SomeGuy will be putting out a new version that will work with Diamond/TP, so maybe that is a way out.

Are you getting SMS notification with link or nothing at all? I presume you are getting other SMS okay?

The SPM works off of an SMS intercept. If you scour the registry, you will see inbox extensions and SMS processing rules for SPM. My theory is that SPM intercepts the notification SMS and triggers the PM download via the internet.

I'm sure you've done this too: Hard reset, install nothing else, update SPM, update data profile, and try again?
Old 11-27-2008, 04:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Sorry, don't know what else to tell you. I presume you are using the latest version of SPM?

When I first got the Diamond, I didn't like SPM, having come from the Touch with sMMS. I see that SomeGuy will be putting out a new version that will work with Diamond/TP, so maybe that is a way out.

Are you getting SMS notification with link or nothing at all? I presume you are getting other SMS okay?

The SPM works off of an SMS intercept. If you scour the registry, you will see inbox extensions and SMS processing rules for SPM. My theory is that SPM intercepts the notification SMS and triggers the PM download via the internet.

I'm sure you've done this too: Hard reset, install nothing else, update SPM, update data profile, and try again?
I get my text just fine. I do have Someguy but like you said it wont intercept yet for this phone. The problem is The phone will light up like it is receiving something but that is it nothing ever shows up. If I do a hard reset like you said it will work one time and then never work again. Ive tried staying on stock rom and other roms nothing makes it work right. Sprint just says sorry we dont no. Mean while I just keep paying for something they cant provide
Old 11-27-2008, 04:35 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

yeah i was kidding about the thanks for nothing fool part. its sad you think i was serious
Old 11-27-2008, 06:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

houdini is keeping up the good workhoudini is keeping up the good work

Yeah the OP shouldn't be telling people to fix/change their primary HA when they have no idea what they are talking about.
Old 11-27-2008, 07:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

nyclio is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
Yeah the OP shouldn't be telling people to fix/change their primary HA when they have no idea what they are talking about.

First of all, I didn't tell everyone that this is guaranteed to fix their picturemail. I simply said what worked for me, and it is a try at your own risk method. Also, if it doesn't work for everyone, it is not something that is irreversible.

But, I will say how I came upon what I did. It is not something I pulled out of thin air.

I wanted to see if the picturemail problem was something with Sprint, or if it was something with my actual phone. So I took my old phone that I originally upgraded to the HTC Touch Pro from, and went to sprint.com, logged into my account, and did upgrade/add phone over there.

The reason I used this method is because when you get manual programming instructions from their website, you automatically get the phone MSL.

So I changed my phone and sent myself another picturemail (on the old phone). To my surprise, it popped up almost immediately in my old phone. This is when I went through a line by line comparison of the data in the PST screen to see where the difference lay. Not all field names were identical, but it was not too hard to see what corresponded to what. The reason I was checking the PST as opposed to anything else is because my HTC already had an unmodified stock ROM on it; also I had fooled around in the PST before and may have inadvertently changed settings.

Anyway, Primamry HA Address was the ONLY thing that was different. After I made the change, again I went to sprint.com where I put the HTC back on my account. I then tested my picturemail, and it worked.

Maybe it was the act of removing/replacing/re-adding the phone to my account that actually did it, but in any case, it is now working.

Last edited by nyclio; 11-27-2008 at 07:42 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro