PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2009, 11:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

vinnyt225 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Cleanup (Sprint Edition)

cool man, i couldnt find out what it does. can u elaborate?? does it speed up the phone and the tf3d?
Old 07-02-2009, 11:18 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Read over the first post ... just like the homemade taste of Prego, the answers you seek "are in there".
Old 07-05-2009, 11:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Had 800w Switched to Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

SprintTechSupport is a n00b

is anybody having a problem with gps?
Old 07-06-2009, 10:54 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Threadstarter

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level

You'll probably need to turn on the "Location Setting" in Start > Settings > Phone > Services > Location.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint PPC6850/TutchPro
Carrier: SprintPCS

eriji is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to eriji Send a message via AIM to eriji Send a message via MSN to eriji Send a message via Yahoo to eriji Send a message via Skype™ to eriji
Smile Re: Touch Pro Cleanup (Sprint Edition)

I found that the tweak package was marvelous. It did exactly what it said it would do, saved me a couple of hours of finding and changing settings, and cleaned up the menus far better than I probably would have on my own.

The only thing I changed after installing it was how the auto-spell-t9 stuff worked, because I'm still playing to see how I like it. I'm tempted to install the change to make it like my mogul was because that worked for me, and this t9 really doesnt.

Thanks for putting it all together! The next best thing to a custom rom.
Altho with my current battery life (2-6 hrs only) I'm thinking seriously about installing wm6.5 soon.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Airave
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Edwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Do the tweaks include the unhiding of the "Mode of Operation" phone setting menu where you can pick 1x only, Hybrid, EVDO only?

-Ed
Old 07-10-2009, 07:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Edwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Anyone use this Clean up with no problems with WMWifRouter?
Old 07-10-2009, 07:24 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwood View Post
Do the tweaks include the unhiding of the "Mode of Operation" phone setting menu where you can pick 1x only, Hybrid, EVDO only?
Well, it allows you to choose "Sprint Only, Automatic, or Roaming Only" which I suppose is what you want... you can often get EVDO signal even while roaming, depending on your area.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:25 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwood View Post
Anyone use this Clean up with no problems with WMWifRouter?
Haven't tested it directly, but it shouldn't cause any issues.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
Well, it allows you to choose "Sprint Only, Automatic, or Roaming Only" which I suppose is what you want... you can often get EVDO signal even while roaming, depending on your area.
No, it's different than "Roaming" settings.

There is another setting called "Mode of Operation".
When you select "Get Settings..."
You get:
* Hybrid
* EVDO only
* 1X only

It forces the phone into 1xRTT only (no EVDO) or EVDO only (no 1xRTT data). With Hybrid being the standard operating mode. It's important expecially for people that live on the fringes of EVDO reception, as their phone will often switch back and forth constantly draining the battery excessively.

-Ed

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro