PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2008, 07:51 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint sent me another phone, now what?

well yes some people not all, but its always the ones who speak the loudest on proper ethics who have little
Old 11-11-2008, 10:37 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
i find it interesting how people have such double standards. When sprint screws up and sends two, the customer should be responsible and return it. But people think its "more ethical" to take advantage of loopholes that they pull on Sprint around here (like unjust discounts, free phones, etc).

Just because you can do it easier to a big company doesnt make it right either, so practice what you preach. I still think he should return it, but there are a LOT of hypocrites in here quick to ridicule another
The difference here is that, while some people lied to get their deal on the TP, a lot of people had legit issues. That, and Sprint agreed to the deals they gave people, so it isn't stealing. Keeping a phone that was sent to you by mistake IS stealing, plain and simple.

Oh yeah, and the fact that they track the equipment and it will catch up with you later. Better off sending it back.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

just remember...KARMA IS A BIDCH!

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Verizon

OffUrRcker is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to OffUrRcker

I can't understand why everybody is so self-righteous about "stealing" from something that only exists as a legal entity to make money off of you. Think about it from a utilitarian standpoint. What is returning the phone going to do for you, or anyone? I assure everyone, sprint is not $569.99 away from the red. They made a mistake and sent you two, sit on the second until they ask for it back. You keep it, and you're happy. You return it, and nobody is.
:]
Old 11-11-2008, 10:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

huynhc is keeping up the good workhuynhc is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to huynhc

i say return it. with CDMA, they could just kill the phone off (no longer connect to Sprint) & charge you if you do sell it. if you keep it to use as a PDA only, they may charge you the full amount down the road and im sure they have tracking info somewhere in their system to know you had it pass any 30-day return grace period.

do whats right and return it. im sure you got a good deal on it to begin with so no use trying to stretch it. what comes aroudn goes around....
Old 11-11-2008, 11:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul and Touch Pro

mdodge is keeping up the good workmdodge is keeping up the good workmdodge is keeping up the good work

I think people have been a little too hard on the guy. Altho I agree sending it back is safer and the best idea. But think about it everyone...how many pieces of software and music do you "legally" own. Yeah thats what I thought lol
Old 11-11-2008, 11:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

bkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuff

Sometimes honesty pays off, I bought a Palm VX and Palm sent me two of them. I called Palm and they basically told me, Merry Christmas, I did ask if they wanted me to send it back and they said don't bother. They did not charge me for it either. I would say, contact Sprint, be honest and see what they say to do.
Gadget/Phone History: Motorola DynaTAC 8000x; Casio BOSS; Palm Vx; Palm m130; Palm Tungsten T; Sanyo 7300; Sanyo Katana; PPC-6700; Titan; Mogul; Touch Pro, Palm Pre; HTC EVO, Motorola Photon; Samsung Galaxy Note 2 .
Old 11-11-2008, 11:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO 1250

sn0b0ard is keeping up the good worksn0b0ard is keeping up the good work

Are you seriously asking us what to do on this forum? Send the phone back.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

havieri23 is just getting started

send it back, you might get a $579 credit
Old 11-12-2008, 12:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffUrRcker View Post
I can't understand why everybody is so self-righteous about "stealing" from something that only exists as a legal entity to make money off of you. Think about it from a utilitarian standpoint. What is returning the phone going to do for you, or anyone? I assure everyone, sprint is not $569.99 away from the red. They made a mistake and sent you two, sit on the second until they ask for it back. You keep it, and you're happy. You return it, and nobody is.
:]
Looks like planet earth needs a good house-cleaning
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro