PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2008, 03:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto q9c
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

phelony is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to phelony
Re: Old-School Word Correction... Fixes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
Here is the full tweak in CAB format so that you can re-install it easily.

This will make sure that both the Layout Text and IME File values are set properly, so even if it magically breaks on you in the future, re-installing this should resolve it.

Soft-reset required afterward, then setup your "Input" options as you prefer them.
I would love a cab the reset standard IME as well so i could toggle on toggle off and on as needed when the peice of crap tries to brick
All for $39.99/mo!
HTC Touch Pro.... Booya
Old 11-11-2008, 03:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

eballin is a n00b

here is my problem, i want my default keyboard to be the compact qwerty, but most the time when i open my on screen keyboard it opens the full qwerty.. how can i fix this?
Old 11-11-2008, 03:28 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Same here man, whenever I soft reset or turn off the TP I find my Resco replaced,also Auto complete or word suggestion is a hit or miss, well mostly miss. A fix will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by HBOOT; 11-11-2008 at 08:16 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:32 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

If you want to change which SIP is the default, search for SIPChange on these forums.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

DFWBo is a n00b

Sorry, a bit of a newbie here, but what do I do with the .txt file?
Thanks,
Old 11-11-2008, 10:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jayrodclg is a n00b

im having the same problem where the SIP word suggestion wont update as i type, works perfect on hardware keyboard. i had it working when i first got the phone then it "broke" like some others talked about(would only type numbers, that stuff) and i havent been able to get it back.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:56 PM
Bringer of Good Things

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level

I know for a fact that Diamond Tweak breaks it if you use it to do tweaking. Diamond Config with certain tweaks.xml files may do so as well.

Only use the CAB I provided above. It's the only one that works.

However, the on screen keyboard isn't always showing the word-correction updates as quick as you type. I assume that's a casualty of the poor T9/COMP integration. It is what it is though, and we just have to take the option that works best until a better solution is found.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:06 PM
Lurker

DFWBo is a n00b

Thanks Good. So to fix it, do I need to uninstall the Diamond Tweaks and run the cab? I ran the cab with the Tweaks still on the phone and it didn't fix the problem. Is the Tweaks.xml.txt file posted only to be used with the Diamond Tweaks program?

I'm confused as to how to fix this and really don't want to do a hard reset and reload everything....
Thanks,
Old 11-11-2008, 11:09 PM
Bringer of Good Things

The cab should fix it UNLESS Diamond Tweaks or other program is causing a conflict and changing the setting. Of course, you do need to soft reset after installing it too... so if you haven't, please do so.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:31 AM
Lurker

DFWBo is a n00b

Thanks for the help, but I can't get it....argh, time to hard reset.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro