PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2008, 10:59 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Old-School Word Correction... Fixes

rushco, when you say it broke again, what, specifically do you mean?

Also, have you installed or tweaked anything since making this mod?
Old 11-10-2008, 02:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
rushco, when you say it broke again, what, specifically do you mean?

Also, have you installed or tweaked anything since making this mod?
I go to use the on screen keyboard and can only use the numbers. I changed everything back and did a soft restart and it still only shows numbers.

I installed a flash light app and that was it. It always works for a day and then breaks. I can not figure out why it breaks.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:47 PM
Bringer of Good Things

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level

Something is definitely changing that one registry setting from eT9 IME to COMP IME. That is definitely the setting that breaks it. I'll see if I can put together an easier way to reset it the way it ought to be.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto q9c
Threadstarter

phelony is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to phelony

i had this issue switched back to the stock ime
soft reset
switched back
and my onscreen works again
All for $39.99/mo!
HTC Touch Pro.... Booya
Old 11-10-2008, 03:51 PM
Bringer of Good Things

Are you guys using Advanced Config or Diamond Tweak by any chance? Because I just used 0.5.3 of Diamond Tweak and it jacked up a number of settings on me even though I closed via the X instead of clicking OK. Not real happy about that right now since I have to hard reset again.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:04 PM
Almost a VIP

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Are you guys using Advanced Config or Diamond Tweak by any chance? Because I just used 0.5.3 of Diamond Tweak and it jacked up a number of settings on me even though I closed via the X instead of clicking OK. Not real happy about that right now since I have to hard reset again.
Now that I think of it I did disable the startup sound and picture. That shouldn't have anything to do with it though. I am not using either of those tweaks.

Are you using the old school word correction or not? Is it working for you all the time?
Old 11-10-2008, 04:08 PM
Bringer of Good Things

I am using the word correction method that I described above without issue, and I have done about 20 soft resets in the past 24 hours.

As for Diamond Tweak, I think there may be a pretty serious bug that it's applying tweaks even if you close rather than click OK.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:10 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
I am using the word correction method that I described above without issue, and I have done about 20 soft resets in the past 24 hours.

As for Diamond Tweak, I think there may be a pretty serious bug that it's applying tweaks even if you close rather than click OK.
Are you using any custom ROM or just tweaking the sprint ROM?
Old 11-10-2008, 04:40 PM
Bringer of Good Things

I only work with stock ROM's because that's all I would allow my users at work to use.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Bringer of Good Things

Here is the full tweak in CAB format so that you can re-install it easily.

This will make sure that both the Layout Text and IME File values are set properly, so even if it magically breaks on you in the future, re-installing this should resolve it.

Soft-reset required afterward, then setup your "Input" options as you prefer them.

Updated 11/12/2008: MakuSoto has documented an addition condition that is sometimes set (though I'm not sure why or how it gets toggled after the fact). I have updated the cab file to include his fix just in case.

Updated 11/18/2008: One more registry setting added based on feedback on XDA. I'm still not convinced, but we'll see if it does the trick on a permanent basis.
Attached Files
File Type: zip classic_word_completion.zip (605 Bytes, 194 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by GoodThings2Life; 11-18-2008 at 01:01 AM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro