PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2009, 12:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dvdmon is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to dvdmon Send a message via AIM to dvdmon Send a message via MSN to dvdmon Send a message via Yahoo to dvdmon Send a message via Skype™ to dvdmon
Re: Post your Gyrator 2 Events!

Add me to the list of people who got rid of this. The idea is nice, but in retrospect I find that I rarely want to use rotate except for in applications that already let you do it without having to add this. I tried turning off everything except one or two apps and it still tried to rotate some things and in general slowed down rotation even more than it already is...
Old 01-19-2009, 03:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

ryan00davis is a n00b

from what i have been able to determine, here is what most of you are wanting to do:

dont rotate for anything:
right click the rotate event and uncheck orientation or you could just remove the event

disable phone rotation:
add event
application: phone
orientation: only check portrait
then: rotate screen

for apps you do want to rotate (google maps for example):
application: googlemapsmobile
orientation: check all but face up and face down
action: rotate screen
apply event
right click on event and make sure orientation is checked

im currently using the google maps settings above for google maps, pictures, excel, notes, calendar, outlook and word and have no other events

with those settings i do not have problems with tf3d, the phone, or s2u2

hope this helps
-ryan
Old 01-19-2009, 12:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

eballin is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan00davis View Post
from what i have been able to determine, here is what most of you are wanting to do:

dont rotate for anything:
right click the rotate event and uncheck orientation or you could just remove the event

disable phone rotation:
add event
application: phone
orientation: only check portrait
then: rotate screen

for apps you do want to rotate (google maps for example):
application: googlemapsmobile
orientation: check all but face up and face down
action: rotate screen
apply event
right click on event and make sure orientation is checked

im currently using the google maps settings above for google maps, pictures, excel, notes, calendar, outlook and word and have no other events

with those settings i do not have problems with tf3d, the phone, or s2u2

hope this helps
-ryan

ok i tried your phone steps but my phone still rotates when there is a incoming call. anyway to stop this?
Old 01-19-2009, 12:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eballin View Post
ok i tried your phone steps but my phone still rotates when there is a incoming call. anyway to stop this?
that was the problem. there are still bugs in the program and you can tell it to not rotate certain things until the cows come home but it's just going to ignore the commands and rotate anyway. it's annoying.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Anonymatt is becoming a great contributor

I don't currently have Gyrator2 installed because I did a hard reset, and I'm slowly adding programs back as I assess their battery impact, but when I had Gyrator2 I had it working pretty smoothly for how I wanted, I just had to take a few seconds to add an exception every tiime I had a program rotating that I didn't want to rotate. Let me see if I can recall exactly how I set it up.

First off I think I deleted all the events that came preloaded on it, except for the event that rotates EVERYTHING. This is obviously annoying if it rotates things you don't want rotated, so then I just added exceptions.

To add an exception, I would have to create a new event, and then in the section that dealt with what application it would affect I would either select it from the list (if it already existed there), or I would "learn program" or whatever it was called. At first this was really confusing, but once I figured out how to do it, it was actually pretty easy.

This is coming from memory, so forgive me if I get the exact wording wrong, but it went like this:
1) click the entry field for entering the name
2) click "Learn Program Name" (or something like that)
3) open the program that I want to create the rule for
4) remove the stylus and put it back into the slot (this is the signal for gyrator2 to take the program name of the active program)
At this point I think it would auto-navigate back to Gyrator2, and the program's name would be entered.
5) where you select what events happen and when, only select rotate, and only select "portrait" orientation. this basically tells Gyrator 2 to only rotate the program to portrait mode, effectively not letting it rotate at all (you could also have it always be in landscape mode, if that's what you prefer).
6) select "OK" or "apply" or whatever it is, and go back to the menu that shows all the events
7) right click the event you just made and select "orientation" event, so that it knows what type of event it is
right click this event and promote it above the event that rotates EVERYTHING (this is important, as the way Gyrator2 determines which event to do for any given program is that it starts at the top of the list and works its way down, and stops once it reaches an applicable event. Basically you want the "rotate all" event to be on the bottom)

An alternative method would be to delete all the events, but then add back in events for programs that you want rotated, make sure they are set as "orientation" events, make sure that "rotate" is checked, and that all the screen orientations are selected. If the first set of rules I laid out could be described as "rotate everything EXCEPT these programs" then this way of setting rules could be described as "only rotate these programs".

IMPORTANT NOTE: For some reason phone calls are handled by 2 different applications. There is the "Incoming Call" application, and the "Phone call" application (there might even be a third for ending a call...I forget). Anyway, you have to make sure that BOTH of these applications are set as exceptions if you don't want the screen to rotate for incoming calls or for when you are on a call. Both of these applications are in the default list, though I think one of them is named differently than what it shows up when you select it (ie it is called "Incoming Call" in the program list, but once selected the event is called "Phone - Incoming", or something like that. Just look around). ALSO NOTE: If you use a non-stock dialer/phone app, then you might need to add it to the exceptions list manually.

Anyway, personally I liked the program, but it is one of my leading candidates for battery drain testing, and if I determine it uses an excessive amount of battery, then I probably won't add it back in. In the 2 weeks since hard resetting, I haven't really missed having it, so it won't be a huge deal.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

lexluthor is keeping up the good worklexluthor is keeping up the good work

I deleted all built in events and just added a couple back in for applications that I wanted rotated. My screen doesn't rotate when I get a call or anything like that.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

ryan00davis is a n00b

yea, short version of my post would be that my recommendation is to do what lexluthor stated.... delete everything and then add in your own for specific apps, this is what was done on my phone.

i was just also giving ways that i think would fix the issues with the phone without removing all the preset events.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro