PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2008, 01:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

tsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Post your Gyrator 2 Events!

I posted this on the Diamond Forum by mistake...

I just installed this on my Sprint Touch Pro. I love the app but I got a few issues that I will investigate and report back here as soon as I get my answers. For now...
1 - Does this run on a Touch Pro? Seems like most have it on the Diamond.
2 - Concerned with it messing up the phone. After all these are phones primarily.
3 - If I wake the phone up by pulling styles it comes up locked.
4 - And really bad is turning on my phone where I have S2U2 installed and the screen is messed up to the point that I can not unlock it on the screen. The only way was to pull the styles out. That saved me.

Thanks. Will report back later,
tsp
Sprint - Stock ROM w/ reg edits.

Edit: Disregard #1 and #3 above.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:59 AM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

hahaha lol

ok so maybe we should set it up as to NOT rotate ANYTHING unless specified? yah it bugged me too!

Code:
Name: home screen
Application: DesktopExplorerWindow
Orientation: all
Stylus: both
Actions: "rotate screen"
Purpose of Event: to lock the home screen from getting nutty when not in use and in random position and then turning phone on and it being like 'omgz wtfux0rz which way a i facing?"

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 12-08-2008, 05:42 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ruined is just getting started

This is what I did....I have rotation disabled except on a few specific programs (tomtom, browser, slingbox, ect) it works great in this configuration!
Old 12-08-2008, 08:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon

lexluthor is keeping up the good worklexluthor is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruined View Post
This is what I did....I have rotation disabled except on a few specific programs (tomtom, browser, slingbox, ect) it works great in this configuration!
Ok, well, I can probably figure out how to add the few programs I want, but how do you disable rotation for everything that there's no rule for?
Old 12-08-2008, 12:57 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Quote:
Originally Posted by skilledone View Post
I can certainly say the same thing. The thing rotated for me when I didn't want it to. The most annoying thing was when my phone is sideways on my holster and someone calls me, the phone screen doesn't render properly and locks up for a 2 seconds or so and I can' take the call because the screen didn't rotate. Anyone else experience this, where you get a call but you face the phone towards you but it's stuck sideways or half rendered
I have this issue as well

Old 12-08-2008, 01:04 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruined View Post

can you post your rules, please?

Also, I have S2U2 installed and Gyrator no likkie S2U2. I would like for it not to rotate when it's locked by S2U2 at all. I've also that when it does rotate while S2U2 is locked it also locks the phone using the default screen lock that comes with WM. Anybody else notice that?
Old 12-09-2008, 12:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

nmoreman is becoming a great contributor

I have read and read, it rotates my program if I used Start, but I would actually like it to rotate TouchFlo screens - any idea on settings?

Hopefully if someone helps me do this, I don't start pulling out hair, but then I can read above to fix!!
Old 12-09-2008, 02:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

xunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to xunknownx

i havent had the chance to install gyrator on my TP yet but i was browsing their sites and it looks like all you need to do is put the APPS that you WANT to be rotated. The list of apps can be found here. enter them exactly as it appears. dont enter any unwated apps so you wont have unwanted rotation. Let me know if this helps!

http://gyrator.brins0.net/?page=applications
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:10 AM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

at the bottom of the page for events there is a link for Download pre-formatted 'Application.ini' file

looks like it could help save you some trouble!
Old 12-11-2008, 03:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EvO!!
Carrier: SPRINT

blackrain is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to blackrain

please help i'm really having trouble using this program my friend has it on his touch pro and everything was fine until i went into event configuration, then went to rotate, then went to edit event, then went to application, then went to phone (because the screen was rotating during a call) then went to orientation after that i took off everything except portrait.....now the screen rotates for nothing please help me all i want to do is just set the rotation for certain events can someone give me a break down i.e. do i delete all the events like stylus in, disable (opera) then set what i want or what i'm really confused someone please give me guidance.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro