PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2008, 05:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dvdmon is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to dvdmon Send a message via AIM to dvdmon Send a message via MSN to dvdmon Send a message via Yahoo to dvdmon Send a message via Skype™ to dvdmon
Re: Post your Gyrator 2 Events!

I installed this a few days ago and thought I had it working based on this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDlpAXbHOa8 but it seems that the phone app is a different one than what you get when you actually receive a call, so I'll have to change this and play with it.

It's a shame that what seems to be a pretty powerful app has just about zero documentation AND does not have very intuitive configuration settings. Which is why I suspect this thread was started. If I do get this working with incoming calls, I'll post by rules here...
Old 12-11-2008, 06:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
What pissed me off the most was how it rotated a screen when i did not want any rotation. Then when I rotated the device because of the unwanted rotation, the freakin screen rotates again! So it was a constant battle between gyrator and me.
LOL, that is exactly what happened to me also......

Your post cracked me up because I know somebody else was as frustrated with it as I was....... (& I couldn't wait to try it)

~John
Old 12-14-2008, 06:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

lexluthor is keeping up the good worklexluthor is keeping up the good work

Can anyone help me design an event that will rotate Opera Mini (which runs inside of esmertec jbed java)?

I don't understand how to use the learn window class and learn window title options, if that's necessary here.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
What pissed me off the most was how it rotated a screen when i did not want any rotation. Then when I rotated the device because of the unwanted rotation, the freakin screen rotates again! So it was a constant battle between gyrator and me.
the idea of this is nice but the actual operation of it isn't.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

lexluthor is keeping up the good worklexluthor is keeping up the good work

I decided to give this a try again.

I was annoyed at things rotating that I didn't want to rotate.

If you remove all of the default rules (or at least the rotate rule) and just add rules to rotate the apps you want to have rotated, that mught be better for a lot of people.

Per above though, I'm still trying to figure out how to get opera mini to rotate.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro

andranic is a n00b

hope someone can help me i was hoping i can get mine to open up the landscape mode when i tilt the phone without having to pull out the keyboard , what do i have to do in this program?
Old 12-15-2008, 02:53 AM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

Well first, you need to read a few posts in this thread. then you need to install this http://gyrator.brins0.net/?page=downloads and this http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en or else it'll crash on you!

make sure you RTFM!

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 12-15-2008, 03:03 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by andranic View Post
hope someone can help me i was hoping i can get mine to open up the landscape mode when i tilt the phone without having to pull out the keyboard , what do i have to do in this program?
You can use the .net CF cab in my signature instead of using that Microsoft link BSD posted. Might save you a few minutes =]
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:59 AM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

how do I get Gyrator to not bother S2U2? Everytime I have Gyrator active, it distrots S2U2 so that lock (slider) if half way off the screen. Which means I cant unlock my phone. Anyone else having this issue?

Old 01-15-2009, 12:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch PRO

Yankees368 is becoming a great contributor

I have the same issue, and I would love to have a fix for it.

The ONLY thing i want the program to rotate is the SMS window, so it auto-rotataes the keyboard.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro