PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2008, 12:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HERO
Carrier: sprint

Drewman247 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Drewman247 Send a message via MSN to Drewman247 Send a message via Yahoo to Drewman247
Re: Sprint Picture Mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by marctronixx View Post
ive snapped photos at the full resolution and sent them to others. the issue is that it is a huge file and takes some time over the network. the bottleneck is in the handshake from, say, sprint to a different flavor such as tmo or att. more colorful photos take longer than simple muted color images.( greys, blacks, beige... those tpe of photos are easier than photos with lots of vibrant color).
you are correct on the vibrant colors being much larger files.. If you look at the properties of the photos they can be up around 800k if you do the screen capture thet will take the photo to approx 1/9th the size... you are able to keep the large file and send the 100k or less file to any carrier....
Old 11-17-2008, 12:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Zekeman is becoming a great contributor

I know this has been discussed, just cant find thread at moment, but what is best solution for seeing animated pic mail?
Old 11-17-2008, 08:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint PCS

mtnmedic is just getting started

Well, all I can say is ....ABOUT TIME! I sorely missed this feature with my PPC6700 and my Touch. Yes, I too noticed the time it takes to send even a basic photo to someone whose phone is in a different network. But it's all good. It's so nice to snap a pic and send it to my sister's phone instead of having to fuddle about with installing third party apps, going to picturemail online, emailing an attachment, etc.

"No...but if we think fast enough, we just might live to lie about it."
Old 11-17-2008, 08:40 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekeman View Post
I know this has been discussed, just cant find thread at moment, but what is best solution for seeing animated pic mail?
The .gif animations play on their own. It's the flash animations that require flashlite I believe.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Zekeman is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
The .gif animations play on their own. It's the flash animations that require flashlite I believe.
Really??? I had a an animated gif sent to me, and it was just still, I logged onto the Sprint Pic Mail Site and it was animated, I have new CAB installed.... weird?
Old 11-19-2008, 10:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

is anyone else having trble with picture mail tonight ? mine keep failing ...

where do u set the audible tone for incoming picturemail ...

are people still using smms on there touchpro instead of the factory set one....

i see a ton of picture mails in my drafts folder and none in my sent folder.... i know at least some completed.... where do u configure settings for picturemail ....??

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro