PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 12:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Sinful1217 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Essentials

I feel really stupid asking this. SInce alot of people on here really know their stuff but here it goes. Im reading these tips and tweaks and am totally lost. How do I even get these files on my phone?? Do I save them to my computer?? Do I have my cell connected to my pc? I seriously have no idea what to do. Im reading these forums like wow, I wish I had that and OMG thats sooo awesome. But then I'm like ok I see files on here but what do I do?? I must look really retarded :0(
Old 11-12-2009, 04:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

likeminas is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinful1217 View Post
I feel really stupid asking this. SInce alot of people on here really know their stuff but here it goes. Im reading these tips and tweaks and am totally lost. How do I even get these files on my phone?? Do I save them to my computer?? Do I have my cell connected to my pc? I seriously have no idea what to do. Im reading these forums like wow, I wish I had that and OMG thats sooo awesome. But then I'm like ok I see files on here but what do I do?? I must look really retarded :0(

There are a bunch of guides and walk-trus out there. Just take the time to read up. You probably won't absorb all the info at once, but at least you'll get an idea of what they're talking about.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

thesfactor is keeping up the good workthesfactor is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinful1217 View Post
Sinful, you will need what is called a "Registry Editor". Search the forums for one and you can install that on your phone. From there on you can join in the tweaking game... Good luck.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tp2

AL_CAPONE_187 is becoming a great contributor
Question Re: Touch Pro Essentials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post

TouchFlo 3D / Manilla 3D
  • Add your city to the weather tab. Follow these directions making sure to use the modified copy of version 1.1 of the specified editor.
  • A better way - Install the cab from here and it will add all cities to the list for you, so you can just hit Add Location and find yours! Updated 1/8/09
  • Install flip clock if you want it. instructions here
  • Get some wallpapers
  • Wallpaper on every tab, transparent clocks and curtains. More info here
  • Optimize your music tab by removing the music store logo. Some Touch Pro specific directions.
  • Information on how to remove sprint Manila3D customizations and get an HTC Stock configuration here
  • Rename your tabs in Manilla3D. Tutorial and instructions here.
  • Remap Manilla3D to use Pocket Informant instead of the built in calendar. Complete information here
  • Increase TouchFlo's sensitivity, so you don't have to push as hard to scroll. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\TFLOSettings] increase FingerPressure. Default is 16. I am having good luck on 128, I may raise it higher. Higher = more sensitive, lower = less sensitive.
  • Touch Pro Cleanup by GoodThings2Life - read this/download one of the cabs to automatically apply a specific set of tweaks/mods.
  • Action screen changes, customizable through registry edits. More here
  • Change the soft keys on the home screen. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila], change HomeLSKPath and HomeRSKPath. HomeLSKText/HomeRSKText = the text. More info here.
    Added 1/7/09:
  • Change software used by some TF3D entries with SSMaPa - This can be a complicated procedure. source
  • Boost TF3D Performance - increase file system cache to 8MB, file system filter cache to 131072, FAT cachesize to 32768 (you can do this with advanced config). source
  • Discussion about scrolling/tweaking of scrolling here
  • Revive the tab change animations! info, and source

O

why doesnt the wallpaper on every tab link dont work? thats the one thing on this whole first post im interested in the most
Old 11-25-2009, 03:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL_CAPONE_187 View Post
why doesnt the wallpaper on every tab link dont work? thats the one thing on this whole first post im interested in the most
What version of manila are you running 2 or 2.1 or 2.5?
Old 11-30-2009, 02:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE noob

big jake is a n00b

i cant wait to try some of these. can you use the cleanup by GT2L over a modded rom?
Old 12-07-2009, 12:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc my touch pro
Carrier: cricket

bbaca is a n00b

do i need a sim card to flash the my touch pro?
Old 12-07-2009, 05:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
What version of manila are you running 2 or 2.1 or 2.5?

ummm idk how do i find out?

im using whatever one came with the touch pro stock 6.1 rom

idk if that helps. only thing i have changed was the remove sprint logo and curtains and make the clock a crystal flip clock
Old 12-07-2009, 07:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL_CAPONE_187 View Post
ummm idk how do i find out?

im using whatever one came with the touch pro stock 6.1 rom

idk if that helps. only thing i have changed was the remove sprint logo and curtains and make the clock a crystal flip clock
Try this. Let me know whether or not it works.
Attached Files
File Type: cab mUn BackGround4AllPages v.02.cab (113.2 KB, 9 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Sharkie405; 12-07-2009 at 07:57 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Try this. Let me know whether or not it works.
that worked. but now is there a way to get rid of the lil black box that around the highlighted icon on slide bar because now it looks offset and makes it look ugly

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro