PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2009, 04:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: Touch Pro Essentials

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunnel View Post
New TP user. I've had a NSFAN's 6.5 ROM on my Verizon VX6900. I'm trying to find out if I need to unlock my phone and install a custom ROM for Internet Sharing, Java and GPS to work. If a custom ROM, whose? I need something stable. NSFAN's 6.5 ROM for TP I hear isn't very good. I would prefer to stick with the Verizon ROM just for stabilities sake and I'm not all that impressed with 6.5, but will willingly install the custom ROM to get what I need.
You don't have to flash a custom rom for those things to work. But, to make it easy for you, I would just flash an SSK rom. They are great for verizon touch pros, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=68075
Old 05-23-2009, 04:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

lilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to lilbitz_1018

since i feel like i can get away with stupid questions on the last page of a thread ill ask (i have searched however) can anyone tell me which is the latest build for opera mobile and point me to the direction of the .cab download? Thanks

Mine keeps crashing whenever I zoom to click a link (had to copy+paste this just incase -__-)

running MR5 and opera build 15613 btw.

Thanks in advance
Old 05-23-2009, 04:51 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbitz_1018 View Post
since i feel like i can get away with stupid questions on the last page of a thread ill ask (i have searched however) can anyone tell me which is the latest build for opera mobile and point me to the direction of the .cab download? Thanks

Mine keeps crashing whenever I zoom to click a link (had to copy+paste this just incase -__-)

running MR5 and opera build 15613 btw.

Thanks in advance
i know this is not what you want, but Mighty already ackowledged the crashing problem with his opera and said all you have to do to fix it is go into the settings and uncheck the Use Plugins option. I saw a cab for the newest opera the other day...let me see if i can find it real quick.

*EDIT* here you go http://www.newlyme.net/Opera_9.5.16453.cab

Last edited by razorloves; 05-23-2009 at 04:57 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-23-2009, 04:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker

lilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

razor believe me thats exactly what I wanna hear i dont mind getting flamed every now and again but i failed to search Mightys thread cuz i thought it was something with my separately installed build. nevertheless thanks for your help and support. simply unchecking the plugin box worked!

Youre the man.. times 1,303 (=
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:00 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbitz_1018 View Post
razor believe me thats exactly what I wanna hear i dont mind getting flamed every now and again but i failed to search Mightys thread cuz i thought it was something with my separately installed build. nevertheless thanks for your help and support. simply unchecking the plugin box worked!

Youre the man.. times 1,303 (=
You're welcome man. I posted an opera cab for you in my previous post. Also, did you see Mighty just posted a change log for his coming soon UPDATE. Hopefully it will get released today.

Last edited by razorloves; 05-23-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker

thanks again and nah i checked lastnight for the changelog and didnt see one...great -_- as soon as i decide to cab up again lol.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VX6900

chunnel is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
You don't have to flash a custom rom for those things to work. But, to make it easy for you, I would just flash an SSK rom. They are great for verizon touch pros, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=68075
Can you tell me about an unlocker? Is it needed? Where would I find it? I have downloaded his ROM, but I find no references to an unlocker.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:40 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Can you tell me about an unlocker? Is it needed? Where would I find it? I have downloaded his ROM, but I find no references to an unlocker.
Yea...you just need to unlock your phone before you can flash any custom roms or radios. Follow this http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503
Old 05-25-2009, 03:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VX6900

chunnel is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
Yea...you just need to unlock your phone before you can flash any custom roms or radios. Follow this http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503
Thank you, I have unlocked it and installed the SSK ROM. However, GPS doesn't work. I have found a reference to Bored's Verizon Fix? Yet have found no link in any forum or on Google for such an item. Would you know about that? Thank you for your help anyway.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:26 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Thank you, I have unlocked it and installed the SSK ROM. However, GPS doesn't work. I have found a reference to Bored's Verizon Fix? Yet have found no link in any forum or on Google for such an item. Would you know about that? Thank you for your help anyway.
It's a sticky, right next to the Touch Pro Essentials. here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49933. But according to the SSK thread, the bored gps fix is already built into that rom. So, I don't know what the problem is. Did you do a QuickGPS update? Has it worked before?

Last edited by razorloves; 05-25-2009 at 03:48 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro