PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 02:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

The Guy 34 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon HTC TOUCH PRO Information

I went into a verizon store and asked when they were getting the pro and the man said around black friday. I cant wait. I wish verizon didnt get rid of the front facing camera it is a cool feature.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro XV6850 & Dell Axim X51v

ColdBrew is a n00b

It looks like AT&T is going to get the Fuze (Touch Pro) any day now. Combine that with the new required data changes and I might be moving from Verizon in January when my contract is up...

Thanks for all the info that has been posted here. I hope we hear some more soon.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Don't have one yet!

Clintster is a n00b

So is there any word on price? I unfornately just renewed my contract with VZW this spring and it looks like I'm going to have to pay full price, but I don't care I want it now! I know I soulod like a spoiled brat but I think that we can all relate.
I might just go with the Samsung Omnia since I really dont' need the keyboard (and that stupid up arrow on the Touch Pro between the M & N that VZW put on the keyboard)
No word lately from Crit?? I'm dying to find out some new info.... But like Smoran06 said, don't risk your job bro..

Last edited by Clintster; 11-06-2008 at 12:02 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: LG Touch
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

rhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to rhannahs19

probably gonna be about 600 with no price breaks...
Old 11-06-2008, 05:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

chaseacej is a n00b

Thanks for all the updates!

I thought of an idea for purchasing the TP from Sprint. What is their early termination fee for contracts? Would you be able to get the TP from Sprint for the $299 then terminate the contract right away and pay the termination fee?

Last edited by chaseacej; 11-06-2008 at 05:16 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: sprint

johnwashere3 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintster View Post
So is there any word on price? I unfornately just renewed my contract with VZW this spring and it looks like I'm going to have to pay full price, but I don't care I want it now! I know I soulod like a spoiled brat but I think that we can all relate.
I might just go with the Samsung Omnia since I really dont' need the keyboard (and that stupid up arrow on the Touch Pro between the M & N that VZW put on the keyboard)
No word lately from Crit?? I'm dying to find out some new info.... But like Smoran06 said, don't risk your job bro..
If you wait a week or 2 you could prob. get one on ebay for much cheaper then verizons full price. espcially if ebay is still doing 25 % off. Im glad I have spirint, verizon is gona charge u $30 just for data! my plan with unlimited text and internet is $24. 30 just for internet?!?! thats insane!
Old 11-06-2008, 05:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseacej View Post

I thought of an idea for purchasing the TP from Sprint. What is their early termination fee for contracts? Would you be able to get the TP from Sprint for the $299 then terminate the contract right away and pay the termination fee?
Last time I checked termination fees easily topped $200 per line but that may have changed.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

chaseacej is a n00b

I am talking to a Sprint rep at the moment and the termination fee's are still $200.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6850

Zenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseacej View Post

I asked a guy at bestbuy about this and he said they charge you for the phone if you cancel within a certain period but he couldn't verify any details... I was also wondering something similar with Verizon to get out of their contract and jump on sprint but didn't want to be hit with crazy fees (in addition to ETF) for the phone since I didn't fulfill the contract.... can never seem to get any straight answers on what happens.

Also, even if you do get the sprint version of the phone, there is no guarantee Verizon will add the ESN to their database.

Good luck.. let us know your results
Old 11-06-2008, 05:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

rashire is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to rashire

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwashere3 View Post
If you wait a week or 2 you could prob. get one on ebay for much cheaper then verizons full price. espcially if ebay is still doing 25 % off. Im glad I have spirint, verizon is gona charge u $30 just for data! my plan with unlimited text and internet is $24. 30 just for internet?!?! thats insane!
That's talk, text, and internet for $24? or text/internet add on is only $24 extra?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro