PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2008, 03:09 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D
Carrier: Sprint

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Any good sites for docks and accessories yet?

Well i recommend the holster with clip! I ride a bike 24/7 and the time's i haven't put it in my jacket for extra protection it's been fine! I don't always ride with my heavy jacket that has pockets (summer) so it's on the waist in the clip a bunch.

So i've ordered the $2 case from deal extreme in black and blue lol Gonna see if i like how they are... they cover the actual buttons on the front so i'm not too excited about that. Might get an exacto and chop it up a bit. We'll see. In the mean time i will wait to see what people sayof the seidio stuff once they actually get it. I like them, but they're too expensive atm.

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 12-16-2008, 04:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Airave
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Edwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchnew View Post
Bought a Sprint HTC Touch Pro Multicharge Retractable USB Travel Kit for my TP from PDAextreme. The brand is Orion Gadgets

The phone is charging with the retractable cable but contrary to the claim on their website, it can't sync and keep generating USB Malfunction Errors.

Other regular USB to Mini-USB are working fine for both the syncing and charging.

I have emailed PDAextreme and will wait to see their reply.
The Touch Pro only works with USB cables with 3 wires. Most retractable cables I've seen only have 2. The Belkin one (silver in color) is the only one I've tried that has 3 wires and works perfectly. I bought it from Fry's Electronics.

If you want to charge AND sync / tether you'll need a 3 wire retractable cable.

-Ed
Old 12-16-2008, 06:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

eb3604 is just getting started

got my rubberized case from daydeal. I was debating on getting the seidio one. but it's more than 2x the price, and I've read seidio is hit or miss on quality and cs. I'm impressed by the daydeal case. I previously had ordered through them a similar case for an ipod that was so so quality. But so far, the case for the touch pro is solid. It securely attaches to the phone. The cutouts for everyone are very precise. And it has a nice feel to it.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:06 PM
Socrates Philosophy

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb3604 View Post
got my rubberized case from daydeal. I was debating on getting the seidio one. but it's more than 2x the price, and I've read seidio is hit or miss on quality and cs. I'm impressed by the daydeal case. I previously had ordered through them a similar case for an ipod that was so so quality. But so far, the case for the touch pro is solid. It securely attaches to the phone. The cutouts for everyone are very precise. And it has a nice feel to it.
do you have a url?
Old 12-16-2008, 08:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch!

ObviousMan is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoBSD View Post
do you have a url?
How about daydeal.com? $5 off 30 w/ Google CO until tomorrow.

Last edited by ObviousMan; 12-16-2008 at 09:04 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:13 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoBSD View Post
do you have a url?

Not trying to change your mind but you get what you pay for. So what if you spend 30 or 40 to protect your 600 dollar phone. Why go for the cheaper version. Just got my Seido case and I am very very impressed. Puts the Sprint version of this case to shame. I'm glad I spent the extra cash for this one. I would recommend it to anyone here. Just food for thought. (Not to mention you can get the spring clip holster to use along with the Innocase. Double protection, I like that.)
Old 12-16-2008, 10:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

DFWBo is a n00b

Hi,
I see Belkin has a 4 pin and 5 pin retractable sync cable in silver. Do you know which one I need?
Thanks,
Bo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwood View Post
The Touch Pro only works with USB cables with 3 wires. Most retractable cables I've seen only have 2. The Belkin one (silver in color) is the only one I've tried that has 3 wires and works perfectly. I bought it from Fry's Electronics.

If you want to charge AND sync / tether you'll need a 3 wire retractable cable.

-Ed
Old 12-16-2008, 11:51 PM
Socrates Philosophy

so you got this one: http://www.daydeal.com/product.php?p...28207&cat=3773

LoL

I'm waiting for seidio to release their super extended battery before i place an order as to save on shipping :P Trust me, i love sedio because of their stuff for my titan, i think they're the best!

This is what I have now:
http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...ACY35P6800-RBK
http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...Code=HLP6800AS
http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...SR2YXV6800X-BK

The feel is great and the battery lasts me a week! That is why i was asking what other cases were like, and in the mean time ordered a cheapy.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:51 PM
Socrates Philosophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OR78 View Post
Not trying to change your mind but you get what you pay for. So what if you spend 30 or 40 to protect your 600 dollar phone. Why go for the cheaper version. Just got my Seido case and I am very very impressed. Puts the Sprint version of this case to shame. I'm glad I spent the extra cash for this one. I would recommend it to anyone here. Just food for thought. (Not to mention you can get the spring clip holster to use along with the Innocase. Double protection, I like that.)
How's the access on the corners and sides of the screen? Does the case get in the way at all?
Old 12-17-2008, 12:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

drdjdesi is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to drdjdesi

Can someone post pics of their phone with the rubberized case? I have a few friends who bought rubber cases for their phones, and all looks horribly cheap.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro