PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2009, 05:29 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Any good sites for docks and accessories yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracerit View Post
to those with the SEIDIO Innocase full body rubberized case, does your TP slide more ruggedly with the case on than off? I've narrowed the harder sliding feeling to the top right clip thats located on the back cover. Maybe it's just my TP, but I can see the scraping on the back of my TP's display part (the part thats not the keyboard). I want to file this clip off, but since my Innocase isn't very snug, I'm afraid it'll be weaker overall. So I'm just living with the more rugged sliding mechanism.
It may just be a manufacturing defect, considering how small the part is. However mine slides smoothly. You could try filing the part thats scraping a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itouch24 View Post
fot those that got innocase n holster.. is the holster also rubberized?
Which holster? The leather one? Because that one is leather all throughout.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:50 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D
Carrier: Sprint

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

lol the holster isn't rubberized...

and you don't want to fook with those clips, the top clip actually broke off of my titan's case and guess what? Seidio said a big f u. I was like can i pay to get it replaced? No. Can I just buy the top piece "instead of both for full price?" no

that really sucked but i still bought a 2 cases for my tp's and a battery for a centro.

They make good stuff and generally speaking take good care of their customers.

So don't file it off!

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 03-19-2009, 01:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i wonder why the holster for the phone with no innocase is rubberized and the holster for the innocase is not rubberized...?

i am referring to the plastic holster ... not leather pouch ...
Old 03-19-2009, 02:06 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

yah i have the spring clip holster, while it doesn't have the slippery feel as the titan's case, it isn't rubberized like the cases themselves.

I couldn't tell you the difference because the 3 holsters i've gotten from seidio (titan, touch pro and palm centro) have all been the same (like ABS plastic).

Sorry i couldn't help more!
Old 03-19-2009, 02:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Matt is keeping up the good workMatt is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj10488 View Post
Hey man Mine from Cellphoneshop.net did the same thing... I was able to resolve mine permently. I took it apart.. 3 screws.. After you get it apart you will notice that there is probably a broken screw inside that holds down the contacts.. Crappy design... Open the plug from the outside and Solder the contacts to the inside part of the plug... Never have an issue again. Although because its soldered you wont be able to close the plug anymore but mine is always plugged into the wall so I didnt care all too much.. Works great.

James
I took it apart, see what you mean, indeed that little plastic piece with the screw was broken, no wonder it did that. I still have yet to quite figure out how to get the plug pulled out to give myself room for soldering, but didn't exactly mess with it longer than a minute or two. I have a nice soldering iron at work, I'll try this tomorrow. Thanks again.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

cj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I took it apart, see what you mean, indeed that little plastic piece with the screw was broken, no wonder it did that. I still have yet to quite figure out how to get the plug pulled out to give myself room for soldering, but didn't exactly mess with it longer than a minute or two. I have a nice soldering iron at work, I'll try this tomorrow. Thanks again.
I didnt pull the plug out at all.. I just opened it up and got the soldering iron in sideways to solder the plug in the open position. Cheap design but after soldering it the thing works flawless... I left everything in to avoid having alignment issues later on.. I tried to superglue the holding bracket back down before soldering it but that didnt work so well so I pulled out my Metcal station and soldered it right on up where it sat. No removing anything.

James
Old 03-23-2009, 04:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700 (Verizon HTC Apache)
Carrier: Only PPCGEEKS.com; I don't even pay monthly anymore.

PocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to PocketPcUser Send a message via MSN to PocketPcUser

^^^^
Spam? By a senior member?
by clicking below:

Thanks,
Andrew,
Old 03-23-2009, 04:54 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketPcUser View Post
^^^^
Spam? By a senior member?
What are you talking about spam, many members hear have bought from my online store, and are really satisfied with it. This is a sprint discount.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700 (Verizon HTC Apache)
Carrier: Only PPCGEEKS.com; I don't even pay monthly anymore.

PocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to PocketPcUser Send a message via MSN to PocketPcUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merdinh View Post
What are you talking about spam, many members hear have bought from my online store, and are really satisfied with it. This is a sprint discount.
I know.. It just looks like spam.
Actually, it is quite confusing. I was sure it wasn't spam, but it just is weird how you posted it. lol.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro