PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2009, 04:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP
Carrier: Bell

planoleg is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Any good sites for docks and accessories yet?

Is there a cable to connect TP to a projector? For example, when I do presentations in class, I connect a cable to my laptop and everything that's on my laptop is displayed on the wall. The cable that I connect to my laptop is I think the same one that I connect from my monitor to my video card on my PC.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:16 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by planoleg View Post
Is there a cable to connect TP to a projector? For example, when I do presentations in class, I connect a cable to my laptop and everything that's on my laptop is displayed on the wall. The cable that I connect to my laptop is I think the same one that I connect from my monitor to my video card on my PC.
That is most likely a VGA cable for the projector. If the projector has composite video jacks [red/white/yellow holes] then you can use the cable below to connect it.
Best thing is, you can also use this cable for a TV
http://www.expansys-usa.com/p.aspx?i=170917
Old 01-24-2009, 04:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

planoleg is a n00b

Hey thanks! Yeah I already saw this cable on the first page, but I don't need to connect it to a TV. However, I would need it the other way around. I have a receiver for a camera, and it has the cables for a TV. But I don't even have a TV, so I would need a TV tuner on my PC. And how I'm wondering is there a cable for TP so I'd be able to connect to it a male video cable from my receiver?
With regards to the projector, there are no composite video jacks, only one cable that I connect to my laptop. So I guess that's the VGA cable. Do you know if there's any cable for TP that could allow me to connect that VGA cable to my phone?
Old 01-24-2009, 06:51 PM
uʍop ǝpısdn ɯ,ı ʞooן
Pocket PC: 3rd GALAXY from the SUNG
Carrier: Sprint

rdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

so you can connect your pc to the projector right? i think there is a program that lets you see your ppc desktop on your pc via usb connection which you could then put the video out from your pc to projector, if i can remember what its called i will post a link
Old 01-24-2009, 07:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700 (Verizon HTC Apache)
Carrier: Only PPCGEEKS.com; I don't even pay monthly anymore.

PocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to PocketPcUser Send a message via MSN to PocketPcUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdd0512 View Post
so you can connect your pc to the projector right? i think there is a program that lets you see your ppc desktop on your pc via usb connection which you could then put the video out from your pc to projector, if i can remember what its called i will post a link
http://www.mymobiler.com/

by clicking below:

Thanks,
Andrew,
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

planoleg is a n00b

Yeah I'm aware on that program, use it for screenshots.
I guess I'm not being clear enough. When I do power point presentations, I have to bring my laptop to class. HTC Touch Pro has misrosoft office in it. Now if I could simply put the PPP on my phone, bring it to class and connect it to the projector, that would be amazing!
Old 01-24-2009, 08:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700 (Verizon HTC Apache)
Carrier: Only PPCGEEKS.com; I don't even pay monthly anymore.

PocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to PocketPcUser Send a message via MSN to PocketPcUser

Quote:
I guess I'm not being clear enough. When I do power point presentations, I have to bring my laptop to class. HTC Touch Pro has misrosoft office in it. Now if I could simply put the PPP on my phone, bring it to class and connect it to the projector, that would be amazing!
Yea, I understood, and don't think you'd want to do it using your PPC if you had a laptop.. I was just linking to the program described in the post ^ me.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:37 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Did you read my post above about the video cable?
Old 01-25-2009, 12:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Matt is keeping up the good workMatt is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by toviaheli View Post
Some pretty good deals on this site today (80% off). It is especially good if you go to their sight through Microsoft Cashback to purchase:

http://www.cellphoneshop.net/touchpro.html

Cashback link: http://search.live.com/cashback/prod.../5115/15318375

Their spare battery charger is only 4.99+shipping right now...anybody tried this out? I mean, for $5 it can't be too bad....
Old 01-25-2009, 12:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

planoleg is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
Did you read my post above about the video cable?
Yes and I replied to you

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro