PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2008, 05:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW
Carrier: Sprint

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: d-pad

The left and right works very easily, if you know how it works.

All you have to do is put your thumb over BOTH keys on each side. The entire surface of the bottom of the phone is the d-pad.

Try pushing back/end at the same time, and pushing ALL the way to the edge. It still registers it as right d-pad.

Now, it seems that up and down is MUCH harder
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:33 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
You mean the capacitive circle. That is KILLER!
do you guys suppose there is a way we could expand the functionality of said circle? what i mean is if it works kinda like a click wheel, shouldn't we be able to tweak it so it works as a scroll wheel like on the upper left side of the mogul?
Old 11-08-2008, 04:28 PM
VIP Member

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post
do you guys suppose there is a way we could expand the functionality of said circle? what i mean is if it works kinda like a click wheel, shouldn't we be able to tweak it so it works as a scroll wheel like on the upper left side of the mogul?
Download DiamondTweak. It already does this.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:31 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

I wonder if someone would be able to write an app that allows you to just tap the area of the dpad and have it register as a left/right/up/down press
Old 11-08-2008, 04:34 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
I wonder if someone would be able to write an app that allows you to just tap the area of the dpad and have it register as a left/right/up/down press
Possibly, but it would never work as well as physically clicking the button. Capacitive buttons are notoriously crappy.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:47 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
Possibly, but it would never work as well as physically clicking the button. Capacitive buttons are notoriously crappy.
Well, you don't really need to be too accurate, because you should have a pretty good feel of where to press. I would really like an app that completely removes the need to press the buttons. I want it to be completely capacitive. Even adding a feature to make the phone vibrate when making contact with the buttons would be awesome!
Old 11-08-2008, 08:38 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
Well, you don't really need to be too accurate, because you should have a pretty good feel of where to press. I would really like an app that completely removes the need to press the buttons. I want it to be completely capacitive. Even adding a feature to make the phone vibrate when making contact with the buttons would be awesome!
While I agree that this would be "neat," It would make it harder to use, most likely.

The reason HTC decided to go this route, instead of capacitve-only buttons, is because then you would have to lift your finger completely off the button to make multiple-presses. With the current setup, you can just repeatedly click, and it works great...

Dunno, to each their own, and I am all for customization. Hell, I'd like the idea, because I could map those to NEW functions, like opening a new program or something...
Old 11-09-2008, 10:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Phreddo is becoming a great contributor

i'm having more issues with the "ok" button
i have a real hard time getting that to register correctly.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:40 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreddo View Post
i'm having more issues with the "ok" button
i have a real hard time getting that to register correctly.
Watch out. If you complain about the screen, earpiece, or heat issues, the fanboy community will turn on you, and your posts will be reported and threads will be closed.

I returned my THREE TPs for many reasons--the one you describe was top of the list. Second was the battery not charging, and third was the crappy speaker(s)
Old 11-09-2008, 02:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
Watch out. If you complain about the screen, earpiece, or heat issues, the fanboy community will turn on you, and your posts will be reported and threads will be closed.

I returned my THREE TPs for many reasons--the one you describe was top of the list. Second was the battery not charging, and third was the crappy speaker(s)
Haha well I had a TP and returned it. I feel everyone's pain with the dpad. It may just need some time to break in but it not as good as the Titan or Vogue Dpad in my opinion. Also the battery life is not usable for me, a corporate users. I can go all day on my Titan without plugging it in where on the TP I was stuck plugging it in by 1:30pm. If they release a extended battery and it get some good reviews I may consider going back. Until then back to the Titan.
If I helped you, please hit the button.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro