PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2008, 11:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700
Carrier: sprint

hoddy4 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
d-pad

i have been using the pro for several hours now and am impressed. however i cant help feel that it could be better if htc knew how to make a truly functional dpad. i also wish it had a scroll wheel like the mogul.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:03 AM
CyanogenMod
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S IV
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to LilRico Send a message via MSN to LilRico
Re: d-pad

The D-Pad IMO is a little "TOO STIFF" I can easily go up and down with it, but the left and right isn't as nice as my Mogul.... I guess it needs to be broken in... IDK...
Old 10-26-2008, 12:04 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

dont know if the tweak for the diamond works on the tp to use center button for scrolling ect. i read that some of these work and some dont. its a great app.http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=409540

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 10-26-2008 at 12:06 AM.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:05 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

im having no luck what so ever with left and right on the dpad... ive already accepted my defeat
Old 10-26-2008, 12:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

dkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good work

The left and right sides are spaced differently from the center button. Try pushing a little more to the left or right. Almost to the center of the home/phone buttons. It was frustrating for me at first as well, although I had time to get used to it with the Diamond.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:02 AM
CyanogenMod

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkincaid View Post
The left and right sides are spaced differently from the center button. Try pushing a little more to the left or right. Almost to the center of the home/phone buttons. It was frustrating for me at first as well, although I had time to get used to it with the Diamond.
I try, but I can't get it to work without hitting 2 buttons at the same time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobmonster View Post
im having no luck what so ever with left and right on the dpad... ive already accepted my defeat
+1 I'm with you on this one!
Old 10-26-2008, 01:12 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRico View Post

give the ol girl some time to get broken in.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

dkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRico View Post

You'll figure it out. I had a months head start with the Diamond which has the same D pad layout.
Old 10-26-2008, 03:13 AM
CyanogenMod

I'll keep using it till it gets just right... LOL
Old 10-26-2008, 03:26 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

I agree... this was my first complaint about the Diamond! Just terrible design, maybe HTC being a ASIAN company was aiming towards slimmer Asian fingers?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro