PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2008, 08:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

nicemann is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Touch Pro Stock Screen Protector a Major PITA to install

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeezy723 View Post
Thanks, I will be ordering a 3-pack shortly...
Let us know if that is the correct one. I screwed up and got a spec of dust in mine also.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:10 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP

Just tried mine and got it on fine starting from the bottom. However, the bottom right hand corner is just slightly out of allignment causing an air bubble.

I had a Martin Fields on mine which I've loved on past PPCs (Moguls, Treos, etc). Didn't work so great on this phone and caused the screen not to register all stylus or finger taps. Stock one doesn't seem to have that issue.

Old 10-26-2008, 12:50 AM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicemann View Post
Let us know if that is the correct one. I screwed up and got a spec of dust in mine also.
You can rinse it off with cool water and hand soap --not dishsoap--- it will not loose the stickiness. Then reapply. I had done this several times before I broke down and ordered the boxwave one for my diamond... (I just couldn't get the sprint one on exactly straight and ended up bending an edge in my pocket... that did what a speck of dust couldnt...poof!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-26-2008, 03:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Airave
Carrier: Sprint SERO
Threadstarter

Edwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroths View Post
Just tried mine and got it on fine starting from the bottom. However, the bottom right hand corner is just slightly out of allignment causing an air bubble.

I had a Martin Fields on mine which I've loved on past PPCs (Moguls, Treos, etc). Didn't work so great on this phone and caused the screen not to register all stylus or finger taps. Stock one doesn't seem to have that issue.
As much as I love Martin Fields overlays, they are simply too thick for touch screens. You could always do the input force registry hack to make the touch screen a lot more sensitive, though.

I think I'm just going to leave my Touch Pro nekkid. Unless I can find a few stock screen protectors cheap and get lucky one of the times. I have some left over liquid from the craptastic Invisible Shield I bought before, so I might try the wet method next time. If there is a next time, that is.
Old 10-26-2008, 03:20 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

tHIS IS THE MOST frustrating thing to do on a ppc. Putting the screen protector on. I never gte it right. And the only on that I managed to get it some what right ended with 3 dust particles inside. Really got me angry. But your best bet is o steam your bathroom and dust your self off before entering.
Old 10-26-2008, 03:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Moment, Epic 4G

dmauin717 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to dmauin717 Send a message via MSN to dmauin717 Send a message via Yahoo to dmauin717

whoo got mine on with no problem. i just lined the speaker hole with the speaker and slowly pushed down while removing the cover at the same time
Old 10-26-2008, 03:47 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmauin717 View Post
whoo got mine on with no problem. i just lined the speaker hole with the speaker and slowly pushed down while removing the cover at the same time
good idea! I will try that method when I get mines.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jbonilla is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmauin717 View Post
Yeah I did it this way too. I basically pulled the backing away from the top of the screen protector about maybe 1/3 of the way. I then lined up the top of the exposed screen protector with the top edge of the screen making sure that the speaker hole was lined up. I didn't have to touch the exposed screen protector (my hand was holding the bottom of it and the backing that was pulled back). Once it was lined up, I used my other hand to start pressing it down on the screen moving side to side until the rest of the screen was covered and the backing was totally removed. Seemed to work well to prevent fingerprints on the screen protector and it ended up lining up almost perfectly. Go slowly and press lightly until you know for sure you have it lined up well as you can still readjust if necessary if you haven't pressed too much of it down.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

dew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
Compare photos of the GSM and CDMA versions of the phone. They're extremely different in edge shape. Then look at the Boxwave photo, and you'll see it's definitely the CDMA version.
Ok, I must be blind because the only one I could find on the BoxWave site was for the GSM Touch Pro. Do you have a link?
Old 10-26-2008, 03:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

derekd is a n00b

I'm feeling a bit retarded... I can't figure out where the sceen protector is... I found the card which I think is supposed to be a screen protector... It's a little bigger than the phone and has blue writing with a message about agreeing to the Microsoft terms/conditions. When I peel the plastic piece with the writing off there is nothing underneath but some some slightly heavier than normal paper with a wax coating... Am I missing something here?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro