PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 01:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

masgaster is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP Software Issues/Unresolved Issues/Feature Requests

Is there any way to increase the number of program slots from the maximum of 18 on the Programs tab in manila?
Old 11-13-2008, 04:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

aruz is a n00b

Please fix the Voice Command for incomming calls announcements!

I use bluetooth while driving and I really need to know who's calling without pulling the phone out, got the temp fix that was posted somewhere around here but has some glitches.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:27 PM
VIP Member

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruz View Post
Please fix the Voice Command for incomming calls announcements!

I use bluetooth while driving and I really need to know who's calling without pulling the phone out, got the temp fix that was posted somewhere around here but has some glitches.
Wow, haven't read this thread in a while, but I didn't even realize that if you set voice comand it could work for incoming calls also. That's cool.

I just set ringtones for the people that call me the most.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700, Mogul, Touch Pro, Touch pro 2, EVO 4G, EVO3D
Carrier: sprint

madcowmilau is becoming a great contributor

gsen is garbage, gyrator 2 is much better (if u take the time to make rules/events)
Old 11-13-2008, 08:02 PM
Lurker

aruz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
Wow, haven't read this thread in a while, but I didn't even realize that if you set voice comand it could work for incoming calls also. That's cool.

I just set ringtones for the people that call me the most.
This is the temp fix from the thread => http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41645

The problem with the call announcement on the TP doesn't appear to be with Voice Command, but possibly with the phone software on the TP - since Voice Command is generating the announcement file - it's just not being played.
The following registry changes might partially restore the call announcement, a short-term solution until something better comes along:
HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\TTSAnnounce\Category: change VoiceCommand1 to Ring
HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\TTSAnnounce\Script: change as5p to v0p (for vibrate and ring) or p (for ring only)
With this change, the ringtone will start - and then be interrupted with the calller ID/name announcement. (Assuming that call announcement has been enabled in Voice Command).
Only major flaw with this solution is that the announcement volume is low.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:07 PM
VIP Member

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruz View Post
This is the temp fix from the thread => http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41645

The problem with the call announcement on the TP doesn't appear to be with Voice Command, but possibly with the phone software on the TP - since Voice Command is generating the announcement file - it's just not being played.
The following registry changes might partially restore the call announcement, a short-term solution until something better comes along:
HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\TTSAnnounce\Category: change VoiceCommand1 to Ring
HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\TTSAnnounce\Script: change as5p to v0p (for vibrate and ring) or p (for ring only)
With this change, the ringtone will start - and then be interrupted with the calller ID/name announcement. (Assuming that call announcement has been enabled in Voice Command).
Only major flaw with this solution is that the announcement volume is low.
Great! I'm going to read through it. I guess I never really would've known this was an "issue" since I don't use voice command. But, I'm going to try this out just out of curiosity.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: SPRINT

TravisW0204 is becoming a great contributor

I had an HTC Pro from 3 different stores. They consisted of 2 Sprint Stores and 1 Best Buy Store. The problem you guys are experiencing were not present with any of those handsets. However, I had a unique issue with all 3 phones and it was with the camera. I would scroll to the camera and the application would begin. I would call up the camera and take a picture. Cool. However, around the 3rd or 4th time of scrolling to another application and coming back to the camera, I would get just a blank screen for the camera. I would wait to see what happened and about 15 seconds later the camera would attempt to run and nothing but a blank screen. I am coming from a Mogul and I loved it. I actually love this phone as well aside from the poor battery it has but the camera issue has turned me off of this phone until at least a fix takes place. I called up HTC and was put on hold for what seemed like forever and no one else has seemed to have this issue. Any suggestions or thoughts on what this could be?
Old 12-09-2008, 01:24 AM
GRB
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint since 98

GRB is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staychizzo View Post
if you put the the calendar to open in month agenda in the calendar options .. then when u actually open the calendar it will actually open in month agenda for a sec the switch to day agenda.. whats the deal with that. my Brother's sprint diamond does the same thing.?????? try it.
This was mentioned a while back by 3 or 4 peeps and never addressed.
I have the same problem and it's buggin' the crap outta me. Any solutions?
I know it's a TF3D issue, because when I turn off TF3D, it works correctly. Thanks in advance.

p.s. it actually opens in agenda mode, but it says day on the bottom left because that's the next page.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

omahajs is becoming a great contributor

VZW Touch Pro - touchflo3d crashes when I select the "messages" tab.

I've had my tp for about a week now and I've had this problem from the beginning. Every time I select the "messages" tab, touchflo3d crashes and restarts. It happens every time. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm new to the touch interface, but I assumed this tab should show my text messages?

I also have noticed that I am NOT receiving any text messages that are sent to me. I don't know if this is related or VZW forgot to activate this when I switched phones.

Any information is appreciated.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:16 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahajs View Post
VZW Touch Pro - touchflo3d crashes when I select the "messages" tab.

I've had my tp for about a week now and I've had this problem from the beginning. Every time I select the "messages" tab, touchflo3d crashes and restarts. It happens every time. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm new to the touch interface, but I assumed this tab should show my text messages?

I also have noticed that I am NOT receiving any text messages that are sent to me. I don't know if this is related or VZW forgot to activate this when I switched phones.

Any information is appreciated.
I thought VZW Touch Pro's didnt come with TF3D?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro