PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 01:09 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Peruvianman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Peruvianman
Re: Got IT!!!!! HTC Touch Pro for spint from Best buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggoldfingerd View Post
My best buy had trouble getting the 20% of this morning. At first, they said it only was for a new line, but its also for existing customers with a qualifying 2 year contract. They charged me the $299 plus tax, then we had to go to customer service to fix it. This is how they were doing all rewards member coupons for the 20% discount on the phones. They have to honor it, so don't give up if they say no.
If anyone is renewing his contract for 2 more years and getting the TP's @$299.99 (+ 20% dsct), is there an $18 one-time activation fee per device? I went to a BB store in Columbus, OH yesterday and the rep said there is a $36 activation fee for the 2 TP's I want. Is that BB rep correct? Did you guys had to pay this amount @ BB?

Rgds,
PM
Old 10-29-2008, 01:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2(RHOD400)

mrobiwan is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxnews View Post
can some Touch Pro owner confirm the Radio version? and ROM version
you can check that under "device info" in setting.
thanks
ROM Version: 1.03.651.3
Radio Version: 1.03.15F
Old 10-29-2008, 01:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peruvianman View Post
If anyone is renewing his contract for 2 more years and getting the TP's @$299.99 (+ 20% dsct), is there an $18 one-time activation fee per device? I went to a BB store in Columbus, OH yesterday and the rep said there is a $36 activation fee for the 2 TP's I want. Is that BB rep correct? Did you guys had to pay this amount @ BB?

Rgds,
PM
What? I didn't get charged an activation fee.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Family Shared 1500 Min.

chedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good work

its funny cause i didnt get charged the activation fee but the dude that was next to me buying the phone did get charged the activation fee of $18.

-Chez
Old 10-29-2008, 01:35 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

Peruvianman is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Peruvianman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedda_chez View Post
its funny cause i didnt get charged the activation fee but the dude that was next to me buying the phone did get charged the activation fee of $18.

-Chez
what did you exactly tell the BB rep? Were you renewing for 2 more years (got the phone with all dscts applicable)?
Old 10-29-2008, 01:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

Scrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I was told the activation fee would be on my bill, $18 so I'm not worried about it.
________
EmilySex

Last edited by Scrotum; 09-06-2011 at 05:28 AM.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Visor Prism (old) -> Dell Axim X30 Hi -> HTC Apache -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO: 500 Fair and Flexible ($30/mo unlimited everything, 500 min)

nerdtalker is keeping up the good worknerdtalker is keeping up the good work

Hey, just wanted to update you guys. If you didn't get the 20% rebate like I did, just go back in with the printed coupon from the website (essentially a screen cap), your receipt, and a bit of patience, and they'll refund it. I ended up getting $96 bucks back in cash, dropping my touch pro from about 470 bucks to 350 or so. No hassle, just went in, showed the receipt and coupon, and got handed some cash.

Effortless considering what a savings that is.

A box of mine:
Old 10-29-2008, 02:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2(RHOD400)

mrobiwan is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peruvianman View Post

Rgds,
PM
I got the phone from BB for $299.99, no activation fee on a new 2 year. Called Sprint because I couldn't remember my pin while setting up the new contract in store and the Sprint rep gave me a random $50 account credit. Then, after coming home and finding out about the 20% discount, I went back to BB the next day, showed them the ad, and they credited me the 20% off of the $299 figure. I've also mailed the $100 rebate form and original receipt to Sprint. But I don't really expect to get that because if I do, it means I would end up having gotten the phone for just under $100 dollars, all said and done.

I also found out that because of my employer, I qualify for a 22% discount off of the monthly plan price. I shopped around, and I find Sprint's plan prices to be the lowest among the major carriers.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:03 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrobiwan View Post
I got the phone from BB for $299.99, no activation fee on a new 2 year. Called Sprint because I couldn't remember my pin while setting up the new contract in store and the Sprint rep gave me a random $50 account credit. Then, after coming home and finding out about the 20% discount, I went back to BB the next day, showed them the ad, and they credited me the 20% off of the $299 figure. I've also mailed the $100 rebate form and original receipt to Sprint. But I don't really expect to get that because if I do, it means I would end up having gotten the phone for just under $100 dollars, all said and done.

I also found out that because of my employer, I qualify for a 22% discount off of the monthly plan price. I shopped around, and I find Sprint's plan prices to be the lowest among the major carriers.
MIR only applies to Sprint purchases from what I understand and a copy of the invoice has to be included.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre

Insoc is keeping up the good workInsoc is keeping up the good work

$18 activation fee always applies unless you get it waved. BB does not charge you for it, Sprint does on your next bill...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro