PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2008, 11:46 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

DrewDennis is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Release Info (consolidated criticalaudioinc info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpmwr View Post
Oh a got it for free, aswell as a waived monthly fee. it was for my father, he has 7 phones in his office and not a single company gets reception in the building.
Had same problem in our office...100+ phones and crappy signal. sprint/nextel put in active repeaters on both of our floors. We only had to pay for the single mode fiber to be installed.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:50 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

you guys are lucky! i need to yell at telus, get a repeater for my house. im almost in a damn dead zone there with this diamond.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 10-22-2008, 11:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to land2634

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew23 View Post
Any word on this? Very excited to get GPS working properly (one less bug with diamond).
Agreed!
Old 10-22-2008, 11:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

tpmwr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpmwr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpmwr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Worse comes to worse try the ThinkGeek.com repeter, i heard it works rather well for it's price.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

steveholtam is keeping up the good worksteveholtam is keeping up the good work

"One last question, I don't believe it was stated before, but will there be any improvements with the position sensor, i.e. going from portrait to landscape, vice versa. While playing with the Diamond it seems to lag frequently."

Quote:
Originally Posted by criticalaudioinc View Post
Yes there was a update for that, this was due to issues with TF3D .
What update was this? I've used many Diamonds, and they have all had issues going from portrait and landscape as the poster mentioned. It was VERY annoying. Critical, could you be more specific in regards to this update you refer to please?

Has Sprint pushed any updates out yet for the Diamond. I think there was a browser one, but that is it right?
Old 10-22-2008, 12:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveholtam View Post
"One last question, I don't believe it was stated before, but will there be any improvements with the position sensor, i.e. going from portrait to landscape, vice versa. While playing with the Diamond it seems to lag frequently."

What update was this? I've used many Diamonds, and they have all had issues going from portrait and landscape as the poster mentioned. It was VERY annoying. Critical, could you be more specific in regards to this update you refer to please?

Has Sprint pushed any updates out yet for the Diamond. I think there was a browser one, but that is it right?
I believe he is refering to the updates he is currently applying to the Touch Pro. These updates might/will be available to the Diamond at some point. Remember, it's very likely that if the Diomand has issues, the Touch Pro has the same issues. The Touch Pro is getting these issues fixed so the fixes will/should apply to the Diamond. When Diamond users will get the fixes is still up in the air.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:13 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Just soo everyone knows. My contact said it will be available on the 29th thru telesales. I have not spoken with "it" for over 4 days so i dont know how realiable it is... I will email "it" tonight.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Family Shared 1500 Min.

chedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good work

critical-

in your original thread, i read something about the extended battery...do you have anymore info on that? i work long hours and usually have to take my phone charger with me to charge it throughout the day. i have a car charger for each vehicle and outlet chargers in my home, office, briefcase and locker at work.

if they do plan on releasing an extended battery, what backing would they use?

THANKS FOR ANY AND ALL HELP...
Old 10-22-2008, 12:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

jaggrey is keeping up the good workjaggrey is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jaggrey

I'm sure he'll chime in on this, but from what I remember he said they were working on 1800mah, 2400mah, and 2800mah (or 2600mah), and that Sprint was considering the 2400mah one.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

deehotstepper is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to deehotstepper
Question Re: Touch Pro Release Info (consolidated criticalaudioinc info)

hey Crit,
i have read all the pages of the previous thread and all the pages of this thread and you said the shipment to best buy would be on oct 24th at 12.01, do you know if this shipment or shipments are going to a central best buy location or are shipments being sent to different best buy stores?
Because if it is all being sent to one central best buy location on the 24th and say it would get there on the 25th of oct, the availability of the phones at our best buys in our different states would not be likely on the oct 26th.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro