PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2008, 11:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to land2634
Re: Best Buy deal and date

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggoldfingerd View Post
No. I was assuming that. I might have to try BB now since this coupon includes renewing a 2 year contract. It would be awesome to keep my SERO and use the coupon. That would be a sweet deal.
And some stores don't like calling it in because they have to jump through more hoops to get their commission. They can definitely do it though, its just a matter of if they are willing.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

tpmwr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpmwr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpmwr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowhawk2021 View Post
Well, it is not in the ad for 10/26

http://www.plunder.com/BB-Bestbuy-Ad...GqgnpnNgBQ.htm

Found that slickdeals...
That flier is from a T-Mobile Best Buy Mobile, as you can see from the Nokia phone. If a BBy Mobile carries T-Mobile they will not carry Sprint, and vice versa. Chances are that flier is from a PA store as I believe they are the only state that carries TMo in lue of Sprint.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:54 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
No. I was assuming that. I might have to try BB now since this coupon includes renewing a 2 year contract. It would be awesome to keep my SERO and use the coupon. That would be a sweet deal. I'm going to talk to my friend for sure tomorrow about this.
You're good to go. upgrades are the best for them. They don't touch you're plan. They just do the upgrade, apply the discounts then do an esn swap. I have sero, and I will purchase my phone at bestbuy for sure, if it releases earlier there.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

tpmwr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpmwr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpmwr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

We have to do SERO customers over the Phone Upgrade System as our Computer System (SNAP) can't touch SERO accounts.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero

ggoldfingerd is becoming a great contributor

I hope this phone is released before 11/1 since the MIR rebate will expire. Otherwise, I hope they come out with a new MIR. I just read the terms of the MIR and is says that everything plus referral program is included.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
I hope this phone is released before 11/1 since the MIR rebate will expire. Otherwise, I hope they come out with a new MIR. I just read the terms of the MIR and is says that everything plus referral program is included.
I'm sure there'll be a new MIR available on 11/2. I've never seen Sprint not have a MIR available.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

tony911420 is a n00b

if you get a phone from best buy can the bill it to your acct or do you have to buy the phone outright?
Old 10-21-2008, 11:53 AM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroths View Post
I believe Turbofool said that its possible to keep your existing SERO plan even if you buy through Bestbuy (correct me if I'm mistaken Turbofool).

The employee will have to call it in rather than use their regular system.
No, wasn't me. I've never worked with SERO. Can't see why it would really be a problem, though, honestly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by land2634 View Post
And some stores don't like calling it in because they have to jump through more hoops to get their commission. They can definitely do it though, its just a matter of if they are willing.
They don't make commission. They merely don't like calling it in because it takes more effort, and if there are customers waiting (Mobile tends to be busy), that takes away from their ability to help them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpmwr View Post
That flier is from a T-Mobile Best Buy Mobile, as you can see from the Nokia phone. If a BBy Mobile carries T-Mobile they will not carry Sprint, and vice versa. Chances are that flier is from a PA store as I believe they are the only state that carries TMo in lue of Sprint.
My Best Buy carries both. Why would there be a requirement to carry only one or the other, when they carry all of the other competing brands, as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony911420 View Post
if you get a phone from best buy can the bill it to your acct or do you have to buy the phone outright?
You're buying it from store stock. They need the money for it. They have no access to Sprint's billing system.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to land2634

Oh no, wasn't talking about the employees making commission. I guess I worded it wrong. I was talking about the money Best Buy gets from Sprint for contracts. I don't know how it works now, but at least a year ago (before BB Mobile), the managers didn't like the employees calling it in to Sprint because apparently it made it more difficult to get credit for the sale from Sprint.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:23 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by land2634 View Post
Oh no, wasn't talking about the employees making commission. I guess I worded it wrong. I was talking about the money Best Buy gets from Sprint for contracts. I don't know how it works now, but at least a year ago (before BB Mobile), the managers didn't like the employees calling it in to Sprint because apparently it made it more difficult to get credit for the sale from Sprint.
Oh, that makes sense. Yeah, I can see why that would be the case. I think if it's a matter of losing the sale or calling it in, though, the managers are fine with that. I'm sure they get tougher on it if both are still feasible, though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro