PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2008, 10:58 AM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: FM radio tuner still included?

AnElectric shaver, hair trimmer, and nose picker would be AWSOME!!!

j/k
Old 09-20-2008, 08:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

Meh, the radio is near useless for me since it requires you to attach the headphones for it to use them as an antenna (I wonder if people complaining about it know that?). An FM radio can be picked up at any walgreens/etc for <$5 that could fit on your key chain if you really care. Also http://tuned.mobi will stream just about any local radio station (and probably even the spanish ones someone was talking about).

As for the argument that it was more expensive to take it out than leave it in, that is nonsense as the device already went under a complete redesign for the US and for CDMA anyways.

Be happy we're getting what we're getting guys, we are getting a great phone for about half what overseas people pay with the exchange rate. If it really bothers you that much, don't buy it, but I'm very happy to be getting a phone that many people pay >$1000US for overseas for $599-subsidies. A cheap FM radio that requires me to plug in my headphones to use as an antenna is the least of my worries. How often do you think you'd really use it knowing the headphones have to be plugged in anyways? I don't even know where the headphones for my mogul are to begin with.

Buy a $5 key chain FM radio and be done with it

edit: Not to mention guys we don't even know for sure that it's not in there .

Last edited by holo; 09-20-2008 at 09:39 PM.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:15 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Lightbulb Re: FM radio tuner still included?

Quote:
Originally Posted by holo View Post
Meh, the radio is near useless for me since it requires you to attach the headphones for it to use them as an antenna (I wonder if people complaining about it know that?). An FM radio can be picked up at any walgreens/etc for <$5 that could fit on your key chain if you really care. Also http://tuned.mobi will stream just about any local radio station (and probably even the spanish ones someone was talking about).

As for the argument that it was more expensive to take it out than leave it in, that is nonsense as the device already went under a complete redesign for the US and for CDMA anyways.

Be happy we're getting what we're getting guys, we are getting a great phone for about half what overseas people pay with the exchange rate. If it really bothers you that much, don't buy it, but I'm very happy to be getting a phone that many people pay >$1000US for overseas for $599-subsidies. A cheap FM radio that requires me to plug in my headphones to use as an antenna is the least of my worries. How often do you think you'd really use it knowing the headphones have to be plugged in anyways? I don't even know where the headphones for my mogul are to begin with.

Buy a $5 key chain FM radio and be done with it
You make a good point. But I understand where ppl coming from when they say it costed more to take the radio out. And why buy an 5dollar key chain radio when it could have been on the phone already but like you said we getting a GREAT PHONE so no fm radio and no front cam its cool for me cause we getting Almost everything else promised on the phone
Old 09-21-2008, 02:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4
Carrier: Sprint

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

I was honestly surprised at the things left in the phone. I am happy with the fact that it isn't burgundy, the fact that they upped the colors and didn't gimp the phone as verizon did.

I am completely satisfied with the changes or lack of with this phone. The only thing I am worried about are the bugs in the gsm version. I am quite sure that most will be taken care of but....
Old 09-22-2008, 08:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

gdavis612 is a n00b

i want it to slice dice and scratch my back when its itchy!!!
Old 09-22-2008, 09:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue a.k.a Sprint Touch
Carrier: Cricket

berry_lthird is keeping up the good workberry_lthird is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to berry_lthird Send a message via AIM to berry_lthird Send a message via MSN to berry_lthird Send a message via Yahoo to berry_lthird Send a message via Skype™ to berry_lthird

Forget all of you!

I want my phone to be based on quantum mechanics.

That way, I'll be able to store the entire volume of Google into the size of a pin head, and retrieve information so "fast" that it'll get to me before it's even sent!
Latest Exploits:
--Sprint HTC Touch Dual NAMs on Cricket and Verizon InPulse with WAP, MMS, Java, EVDO Rev. A, and GPS (Ghettofreeryder's Vista 7 ROM with 3.35 Radio)
--MOTOKRZR K1m Dual NAMs on Cricket and Verizon pre-pay with WAP, MMS, and Brew

My LG VX9900 enV to Cricket Tutorial

Next Hijacks: Helping to liberate my MetroPCS bretheren!
Old 09-22-2008, 03:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

ihatespam is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to ihatespam

Quote:
Originally Posted by berry_lthird View Post
Forget all of you!

I want my phone to be based on quantum mechanics.

That way, I'll be able to store the entire volume of Google into the size of a pin head, and retrieve information so "fast" that it'll get to me before it's even sent!

My contact at Sprint said there was no room on the phone's main board for the radio chip. ..Installing the radio cab will not work. That's all i know.
Brian
Old 09-22-2008, 08:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Krayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Krayziepop Send a message via MSN to Krayziepop Send a message via Yahoo to Krayziepop

>_>

That sounds like a load of BS if you ask me... I mean for crying out loud, they axed the front camera, and couldn't find room for the radio? lol

The phone is what it is. Even with custom builds, the radio chip wouldn't be relocated anyway, it would just be absent of where it belongs. Otherwise, due to FCC regs, they would need to rebrand it as a different device, due to different PCB layouts and such.

Either way, the Raph is a decent upgrade from the Titan, just in the sense of RAM/ROM and VGA screen. Its what everyone has always wanted their Mogul to be.

Last edited by Krayziepop; 09-23-2008 at 09:09 AM.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:04 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i wouldn't mind the radio but can live without it.i think i'll wait and see when it's released as some people also said the htc touch wasn't gps-compatible months ago.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Krayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Krayziepop Send a message via MSN to Krayziepop Send a message via Yahoo to Krayziepop

I'll put it this way... FM tuner is cool - but old school if you ask me. Perhaps even a bit redundant considering the availability of radios in general. If they want to really impress me, show me the Pro with an in-built FM Modulator. Now that would make me smile.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro