PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2008, 12:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Silent_Patriot is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
FM radio tuner still included?

Haven't seen any mention of the FM tuner being included in the Sprint incarnation. Was kind of looking forward to that feature.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:03 AM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Unhappy Re: FM radio tuner still included?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Patriot View Post
Haven't seen any mention of the FM tuner being included in the Sprint incarnation. Was kind of looking forward to that feature.
Ditto
Old 09-12-2008, 09:23 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: FM radio tuner still included?

i was too man...I hope the hardware is still there...so we can just load the app and get it running...
Old 09-12-2008, 10:29 AM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Exclamation Re: FM radio tuner still included?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico4k View Post
i was too man...I hope the hardware is still there...so we can just load the app and get it running...
For our sakes I hope so too Brethren
Old 09-12-2008, 11:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to codyppc

come on guys. you really think that sprint, with there sprint radio crap, would really leave the radio? no way, and i would bet money on it.

now, the question is..... will the hardware still be there? hmmmm. maybe, and if so.... adding the app could be all we need. only time will tell.

cody
PDA's I've owned/used in order... (retentions loves me)... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve)
Old 09-13-2008, 02:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

wjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to wjrandon Send a message via Yahoo to wjrandon

I can pretty much confirm that the FM Radio will not be included on the Sprint version of the Touch Pro, if you take a look at the CNET First Look video of the device, at one point the reviewer scrolls through the installed applications and the FM Radio launcher is no-where to be found. Of course these doesn't mean we can't just reinstall the cab files or it... we'll have to wait and see what hardware modifications Sprint requested from HTC besides removing the front facing camera.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Just tune into any radio station on the web. There are some sites that put them all together. Gotta sound almost as good as a cheap radio
Old 09-14-2008, 10:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

wjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to wjrandon Send a message via Yahoo to wjrandon

I still want the RDS radio for the pure geek factor. Besides if it was in the original design, why take it out. (Besides the obvious corporate greed i.e. Sprint Music Store factor)
Old 09-14-2008, 02:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

NetApex is keeping up the good workNetApex is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to NetApex

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjrandon View Post
(Besides the obvious corporate greed i.e. Sprint Music Store factor)
That is reason enough for Sprint.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: sprint

ny152 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularny152 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularny152 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

When I bought my Touch I hunted in vain on the device for Sprint Radio... to no avail. But streaming audio works for me (since my local radio stations haven't much to offer). I'm much happier streaming, and think you will be too.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro