View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 08:43 PM
holo
Halfway to VIP Status

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: FM radio tuner still included?

Meh, the radio is near useless for me since it requires you to attach the headphones for it to use them as an antenna (I wonder if people complaining about it know that?). An FM radio can be picked up at any walgreens/etc for <$5 that could fit on your key chain if you really care. Also http://tuned.mobi will stream just about any local radio station (and probably even the spanish ones someone was talking about).

As for the argument that it was more expensive to take it out than leave it in, that is nonsense as the device already went under a complete redesign for the US and for CDMA anyways.

Be happy we're getting what we're getting guys, we are getting a great phone for about half what overseas people pay with the exchange rate. If it really bothers you that much, don't buy it, but I'm very happy to be getting a phone that many people pay >$1000US for overseas for $599-subsidies. A cheap FM radio that requires me to plug in my headphones to use as an antenna is the least of my worries. How often do you think you'd really use it knowing the headphones have to be plugged in anyways? I don't even know where the headphones for my mogul are to begin with.

Buy a $5 key chain FM radio and be done with it

edit: Not to mention guys we don't even know for sure that it's not in there .

Last edited by holo; 09-20-2008 at 09:39 PM.