PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2008, 05:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Release date pushed back Farther

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveholtam View Post
My local Sprint store rep. that has always been a straight shooter told me the Oct. 19th for telesales AND his store... That would be cool.

And there is no way Best Buy will have this phone before Sprint stores. Also, the EVP caters to the companies normal phone purchasing. They may not be equipped to be the first out the door with new phones. Just because your company does business with Sprint does not equal bleeding edge phone sells. Most companies, who make large cell purchases would rather wait a bit before buying brand new phones. My company wait about 3-4 months until all the bugs are worked out so our IT dept. does not waste time working on the phones. If an individual at my company rushes out and gets a phone on day one, that is on them, not the company.

So if your unhappy with the EVP release date, don't act like your EVP company is mad. They probably don't care in the least bit. Cancel your EVP order and call telesales....
Not unhappy at all. 11/2 is just fine with me.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:48 PM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

okay so I asked my Best Buy store, um they have nothing on an 26th release, I will just assume nov. now, everything is pointing to it!
Old 10-07-2008, 06:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Moment, Epic 4G

dmauin717 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to dmauin717 Send a message via MSN to dmauin717 Send a message via Yahoo to dmauin717

i just came from the sprint store a few hours ago and asked a rep about the touch pro she told me the first week in November. but i didn't ask whether it would be in store or online for that date
Old 10-07-2008, 06:30 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmauin717 View Post
i just came from the sprint store a few hours ago and asked a rep about the touch pro she told me the first week in November. but i didn't ask whether it would be in store or online for that date
the folks at my store said they only know what they're getting when it comes in.they still haven't hung any diamond posters.we know what we read but truthfully only sprint knows.come 10/29 they might push it back again.but this is a fun thread!some people act like they can't sleep til it's under their pillow.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2

marcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: HTC Touch Pro Release Date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidersgalore View Post
I know evertone i saying this date and that date. So here is my input. I called and pre ordered mine through evp yesturday and was told it would ship on Nov 3rd due to being delayed(she got the memo in the morning) then called and spoke with tele sales, and was told it will release the 19th of this month. And that I would get a call on the 19th to confirm. So maybe Sprint is locking it down with telesales for a few weeks.
Thats what I'm thinking. Maybe they're seeing the numbers they got on their diamonds, and decided to capitalize on that first, before taking the hit on the middle man.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

BigBlondeAndBlueMale is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
Yeah, but I'm wondering if the 12/2 date that BigBlondeAndBlueMale had stated has any validity.

11/2 has been reported and backed by several people, but 12/2...haven't heard anyone else mention that date.
Thank you for the kind words. Because of them, I am happy to report that I will get to eat some crow about the 12/2 date. Since my farewell post, the 11/2 has been confirmed and the 12/2 date has been debunked.

Thank you for the "props" on the 11/2 date though.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:19 PM
Lurker

Sebrina is a n00b

Our store here in NYC already has it in the computer system with an active date of 10/20 (meaning they can sell as if this date). Training meeting is scheduled for the 16th.

EDIT: O h wait you guys may be talking about Sprint I'm talking AT&T which will have the unit way before next month.

Last edited by Sebrina; 10-07-2008 at 08:23 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

scottad1972 is just getting started

I bought my diamond sept 18th, I have been emailing ecare and i have three emails verifying, that ecare will let me exchange my diamond for the pro even if its outside the 30 days. I have promise and three emails. So im covered
Old 10-07-2008, 08:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

scottad1972 is just getting started

I bought my diamond sept 18th, I have been emailing ecare and i have three emails verifying, that ecare will let me exchange my diamond for the pro even if its outside the 30 days. I have promise and three emails. So im covered
Old 10-07-2008, 09:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlondeAndBlueMale View Post
Thank you for the kind words. Because of them, I am happy to report that I will get to eat some crow about the 12/2 date. Since my farewell post, the 11/2 has been confirmed and the 12/2 date has been debunked.

Thank you for the "props" on the 11/2 date though.
I actually heard 11/2 from other people prior to your posting a delay and only saw your 12/2 date, until I searched later on. Either way, I'll give you acknowledgment for that as well.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro