PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2008, 01:04 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro NEW release date. 10/29/08

well, the 14th is here and no PRO. 14th was the first rumor date some have posted. Guess that was wrong. Next rumor date is the 16th. Lets cross our fingers.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm pre,htc touch pro,treo755
Carrier: sprint

mmamizuka is a n00b
Re: Pro Launch Dates are Correct the 19th

hey why dont u call ecare and find out yourself,they e-mailed me because im leaving the area for a while and asked him I need 100% certainty when the pro will be released.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff
Re: Touch Pro NEW release date. 10/29/08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
well, the 14th is here and no PRO. 14th was the first rumor date some have posted. Guess that was wrong. Next rumor date is the 16th. Lets cross our fingers.
Not that I remember. First date that was discussed was 10/15 via telesales, which I can't wait to see the 10 million (exaggerating) people posting..."Called telesales and they said it's not available until...such and such date..." LOL.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

Palladium is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPalladium is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPalladium is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Here's what a friend of a friend who knows someone who's dog romps in the park with someone from Sprint said...

Quote:
Thanks for Contacting us.

Please reconsider your incessant and childish inquires about the release date for this phone.

Long story short it will be released when it is released, That is, when it makes perfect business sense for us to do so. Please don't think you are aware of all the considerations regarding the release of this phone. When we release the phone you will certainly know, It is not as if your life depends on getting this device. Patience is a virtue and obviously there are no virtuous people left in this country.

Thanks,
Bucktooth Billy Bob
It's really too bad that there is no negative feedback button. The incessant posting of non-information Has become more than annoying is is simply maddening I may be relatively new here but at least I know enough not to post something unless I really have something to say that is Unique and informative.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmamizuka View Post
hey why dont u call ecare and find out yourself,they e-mailed me because im leaving the area for a while and asked him I need 100% certainty when the pro will be released.
The reason a lot of people won't call CS or email eCare is because majority of the time, they're completely clueless on what has been changed. CS and eCare reps are 1st tier, which means they are usually the last to know.

As a former CS Manager / QA Supervisor, I know how limited their information was. In fact, upper management never really provided us with updates on offers for retail websites we supported. A lot of times, our reps would find out by a customer inquring about some new "promotion" that management didn't inform the floor managers of...CS is very disorganized like that...LOL.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul 6800

surfgal is a n00b
Re: HTC Touch Pro Release Date!

I am completely lost on the launch date: I just talked to a chat personal and asked and they said this:

10:52:52 AM System Connected to sprint-ap2.cnxchat.com
10:52:52 AM System Session ID: 3739726
10:52:57 AM System Please hold and the next available agent will be with you shortly.
10:52:57 AM System Brenda has joined this session!
10:52:57 AM System Connected with Brenda
10:52:57 AM Brenda Thank you for contacting Sprint. My name is Brenda. How may I assist you today?
10:53:27 AM Kelly Hi Brenda, I was just wondering I heard the new HTC Touch Pro will be coming out do you know when? I am interested in this phone
10:54:07 AM Brenda Please allow me a few moments to access that information.
10:54:44 AM Kelly thank you
10:57:22 AM Brenda That phone will be available on October 19th.
10:57:38 AM Kelly That is great news Brenda...Thank you
10:57:53 AM Brenda You are very welcome.
10:57:55 AM Brenda It is my job to ensure that I have fully resolved the issues that prompted you to chat with me. Have I resolved all of your issues today?
10:58:11 AM Kelly I read somewhere that it has been pushed back to 11/2
10:58:23 AM Kelly Is that not the case?
10:59:48 AM Brenda At this time I am seeing the launch date of 10/19/08, I am not showing November 2nd.
10:59:58 AM Kelly Okay thank you Brenda
Old 10-14-2008, 02:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch PRO

tbhausen is just getting started

FWIW a business rep in Premier Care did a lengthy check for me about an hour ago and came up with 10/19. I tend to believe 11/2 myself, and I have heard that firsthand in a corporate store..

Todd/Indy
Old 10-14-2008, 02:37 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Well, I'd say this is pretty well split down the middle. There's no use in arguing, considering the first release date is in 5 days. We'll see what the truth is.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:32 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfgal View Post
I am completely lost on the launch date: I just talked to a chat personal and asked and they said this:

10:52:52 AM System Connected to sprint-ap2.cnxchat.com
10:52:52 AM System Session ID: 3739726
10:52:57 AM System Please hold and the next available agent will be with you shortly.
10:52:57 AM System Brenda has joined this session!
10:52:57 AM System Connected with Brenda
10:52:57 AM Brenda Thank you for contacting Sprint. My name is Brenda. How may I assist you today?
10:53:27 AM Kelly Hi Brenda, I was just wondering I heard the new HTC Touch Pro will be coming out do you know when? I am interested in this phone
10:54:07 AM Brenda Please allow me a few moments to access that information.
10:54:44 AM Kelly thank you
10:57:22 AM Brenda That phone will be available on October 19th.
10:57:38 AM Kelly That is great news Brenda...Thank you
10:57:53 AM Brenda You are very welcome.
10:57:55 AM Brenda It is my job to ensure that I have fully resolved the issues that prompted you to chat with me. Have I resolved all of your issues today?
10:58:11 AM Kelly I read somewhere that it has been pushed back to 11/2
10:58:23 AM Kelly Is that not the case?
10:59:48 AM Brenda At this time I am seeing the launch date of 10/19/08, I am not showing November 2nd.
10:59:58 AM Kelly Okay thank you Brenda
Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
Well, I'd say this is pretty well split down the middle. There's no use in arguing, considering the first release date is in 5 days. We'll see what the truth is.
True but everyone that says oct 19, is just a regular rep. They may not be informed being as they're just tier 1 reps, but like everyone is saying, we'll see in 5 days. They're not lying, they're just giving the info they're given. None of them are going to go above and beyond just to find a release date, trust me, i use to work for them.

Last edited by p-slim; 10-14-2008 at 03:39 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
True but everyone that says oct 19, is just a regular rep. They may not be informed being as they're just tier 1 reps, but like everyone is saying, we'll see in 5 days. They're not lying, they're just giving the info they're given. None of them are going to go above and beyond just to find a release date, trust me, i use to work for them.
I think my blood pressure rises 5 points every time someone posts a conversation with a CSR.

Good god people--just tell us you talked to a rep and we'll believe YOU--(just maybe not the CSR.)

Either way, we will find out in a few days. I am just as excited about it, and if it comes out for "regular" people, before us EVP folk, then I will be VERY surprised/insulted, to be honest.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro