PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2008, 03:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Sprint

aughsum is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: GPS, Sprint TV, Visual Voicemail

I'd imagine so.. the instinct has VV so we know that sprint can handle it.. now its just a matter of doing sprints job for them, as the xda community generally does.
RAZR2 - secondary
_______
HTC Mogul
HTC Apache
a900 -secondary
Motorola i870
Morotola i830
REM Blackberry 6200
REM Blackberry 7100
Motorola i860
Motorola i830
Motorola i730
LG vx6000
Old 07-21-2008, 11:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint (SERO)

qbunnie is becoming a great contributor

Sprint's Visual Voicemail tech is licensed from a company called Klausner. I don't really know if that will affect getting a visual voicemail app or not.
Also, you can get Visual Voicemail already (it was out before even the iPhone) - buts its $5/mo. Check out SimulSays. For even more money, they will actually send you text messages of your voicemails.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker

aughsum is a n00b

no thanks.. something inside of me tells me to say no when it comes to paying for things that should be free.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:26 AM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

like you arent paying sprint for it when you get the instinct lol

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 07-22-2008, 05:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker

aughsum is a n00b

well.. i dont have the instinct, besides, did anyone actually get it and the simply everything plan along with it? i figured most would buy it outright and swap online to use with sero or another cheaper plan.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:42 PM
Lurker

roncruiser is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by holo View Post
aGPS is better than GPS, not sure why people don't understand that. aGPS is NOT cell tower triangulation or anything like that, it is assisted GPS, a real gps + assistance. read the wikipedia article on aGPS if you still have your doubts.... and what do you mean GPS is missing from your mogul? mogul has had working gps for a long time now... sprint TV is working again as well....

If you're really considering an instinct than you aren't a real ppc user It has no apps available besides maybe that BREW bs (mostly games) and java (opera mini).
A-GPS is better than OLDER GPS models. The receiver sensitivity of some of the newer GPS models are better than than cells using "A-GPS". The benefit of GPS is never needing assistance from "cell towers". To keep cell phones cheap, designers use the cheaper GPS chipsets available. Cheaper mean receiver sensitivity sucks. To boost aquisition of position they use "assistance" from cell towers as a crutch. Without cell towers, A-GPS is worse or no better than older GPS units
Old 07-23-2008, 11:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint (SERO)

qbunnie is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aughsum View Post
no thanks.. something inside of me tells me to say no when it comes to paying for things that should be free.
Lol, yeah I didn't get it either. Just letting people know its there.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by roncruiser View Post
A-GPS is better than OLDER GPS models. The receiver sensitivity of some of the newer GPS models are better than than cells using "A-GPS". The benefit of GPS is never needing assistance from "cell towers". To keep cell phones cheap, designers use the cheaper GPS chipsets available. Cheaper mean receiver sensitivity sucks. To boost aquisition of position they use "assistance" from cell towers as a crutch. Without cell towers, A-GPS is worse or no better than older GPS units
agps does not imply lower sensitivity, but sure the chipsets in phones are usually less sensitive than a purchased seperate gps unit, but can you really expect different? it's a phone first and just has a gps built in. the fact that it is assisted has nothing to do with its sensitivity tho....
Old 07-29-2008, 01:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro (sprint)
Carrier: sprint

theevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartheevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartheevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

you can get sprinttv by clicking the following link on your device.

http://ppckitchen.org/misc/SprintTV-Titan.cab

the new mogul rom comes with sprinttv, but if you don't have that rom you can get it from the above link.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:58 PM
Lurker

roncruiser is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by holo View Post
agps does not imply lower sensitivity, but sure the chipsets in phones are usually less sensitive than a purchased seperate gps unit, but can you really expect different? it's a phone first and just has a gps built in. the fact that it is assisted has nothing to do with its sensitivity tho....
Does A-GPS imply relatively higher Rx sensitivity? You say, the fact that it is assisted has nothing to do with it's Rx sensitivity... I can almost agree with you there! BUT you can surely attribute lower Rx sensitivity to lower cost. Not sure how to answer your question. You're still sh1t out of luck some place where there's no cell reception and you have A-GPS. My rebuttal to your original point was to refute the fact that you said A-GPS is better than GPS.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro