PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2008, 06:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Chef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
GPS, Sprint TV, Visual Voicemail

Those seem to be the only things missing from my Mogul. From looking at the Sprint Spec sheet ( http://www.engadget.com/photos/htcs-...good-1/767800/ ) it seems as though the Sprint TV and Music store are "to be determined". I seriously hope it will have it.

Not to mention the GPS category seems to have a check for "aGPS" which is total bull****. If this phone is released without GPS, Visual voicemail and Sprint TV and Music for $599.99 or more than I'm folding and buying an Instinct.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Surround
Carrier: AT&T

Tiberius85 is keeping up the good workTiberius85 is keeping up the good work
Re: GPS, Sprint TV, Visual Voicemail

The Touch Pro, and the Diamond have the same GPS the Mogul does. The chipset is a beefed up version of the one we are using now (MSM7500[A])

aGPS is a standalone GPS with optional network assistance for faster lock times.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Threadstarter

Chef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius85 View Post
The Touch Pro, and the Diamond have the same GPS the Mogul does. The chipset is a beefed up version of the one we are using now (MSM7500[A])

aGPS is a standalone GPS with optional network assistance for faster lock times.
So can I unwad my panties and rest assure that it will have GPS, SprintTV and Music? I don't even really care about the music...I can always load those myself. I just want NFL Network and other stations for when I'm bored and GPS is just too cool. I wish it would display your current MPH like stand alone systems like Garmin or TomTom.

Have we heard anything about visual voicemail? I mean ****, if the Instinct can do it why the Touch Pro?
Old 07-10-2008, 07:32 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

Doesn't the 7500A use eGPS (much faster and power-efficient) like the 7201A in the GSM version does?

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
Old 07-12-2008, 04:12 PM
Lurker

MrBizKid is a n00b

Hey bro the Mogul does have GPS.
just used mine the other day. it comes with sprint telenav v1.0
u just have to download the app on ur device.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Ben View Post
Those seem to be the only things missing from my Mogul. From looking at the Sprint Spec sheet ( http://www.engadget.com/photos/htcs-...good-1/767800/ ) it seems as though the Sprint TV and Music store are "to be determined". I seriously hope it will have it.

Not to mention the GPS category seems to have a check for "aGPS" which is total bull****. If this phone is released without GPS, Visual voicemail and Sprint TV and Music for $599.99 or more than I'm folding and buying an Instinct.
aGPS is better than GPS, not sure why people don't understand that. aGPS is NOT cell tower triangulation or anything like that, it is assisted GPS, a real gps + assistance. read the wikipedia article on aGPS if you still have your doubts.... and what do you mean GPS is missing from your mogul? mogul has had working gps for a long time now... sprint TV is working again as well....

If you're really considering an instinct than you aren't a real ppc user It has no apps available besides maybe that BREW bs (mostly games) and java (opera mini).

Last edited by holo; 07-12-2008 at 05:56 PM.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc mogul/6800
Carrier: SPRINT

ihittabusta is a n00b

here's the cab file for sprint tv for moguls

http://saldappcgeek.tripod.com/sprinttv.cab

just download it to your mogul and you can watch sprint tv.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc mogul/6800
Carrier: SPRINT

ihittabusta is a n00b

oops, my link didn't work.. well neway look for a "SprintTV_6800MR.cab" file. that'll get you the Sprint TV for your mogul
Old 07-18-2008, 12:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint (SERO)

qbunnie is becoming a great contributor

Why are people talking about the Mogul? This is the Raphael/Touch Pro forum. The OP is wanting information on whether those features will be on the Raphael, not whether or not the Mogul can use them...
I'd be in total disbelief if somehow the Raphael didn't have GPS enabled from the start. That would be a shame.
I'd be surprised if it didn't come with Sprint TV and Music since both the Mogul and Vogue now have them.
I can't give you guarantees, but those would indeed be steps back that shouldn't be necessary.
As for visual voicemail... Well, the system is obviously there... but its not really a part of WM6.1. Yes they could do it, I'm sure, but I'm not sure they want to (lazy). If it is a part of the Raphael, that would be a huge bonus IMO. I don't think that the 800w comes with visual voicemail, and that is the newest WM6.1 phone (came out on Monday, well after the Instinct).
Old 07-19-2008, 06:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

tc3jg is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to tc3jg

couldnt it be possible for one of the developers on ppc geeks or xda to come up with an app that does the visual voicemail?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro