PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2008, 11:15 AM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G
Carrier: Sprint

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime
Re: Raphael = HTC Touch Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
DEFINITELY agreed. I mean, its not like I'd have RAM issues, but his builds are so much SMOOTHER!

The PagePool changer will work with the Touch Pro, right? I want a 10MB PP
that'll be amazing indeed, but the touch pro i can wait for if it goes CDMA. i'd go crazy with the pagepool as well. lol
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:06 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
DEFINITELY agreed. I mean, its not like I'd have RAM issues, but his builds are so much SMOOTHER!

The PagePool changer will work with the Touch Pro, right? I want a 10MB PP
I wonder what the maximum effect is, though. If I'm not mistaken, it's kind of like processor cache. At a certain point it's overkill. Finding the sweet spot should be interesting. I'm guessing with 288MB free, though, they may start with overkill just to play it safe. I'm just excited by the prospect of NOT having to constantly manage my memory. X-Button-like applications and Oxios would become drastically less important with that much RAM, at least at this stage. Give it a couple of years and we'll be complaining about how we just can't manage with so little.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:18 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
I wonder what the maximum effect is, though. If I'm not mistaken, it's kind of like processor cache. At a certain point it's overkill. Finding the sweet spot should be interesting. I'm guessing with 288MB free, though, they may start with overkill just to play it safe. I'm just excited by the prospect of NOT having to constantly manage my memory. X-Button-like applications and Oxios would become drastically less important with that much RAM, at least at this stage. Give it a couple of years and we'll be complaining about how we just can't manage with so little.
hmmm, 288 the sheet says... but it could be wrong, could be anywhere between 256 and about 312, but it still sounds like a good number either way.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:40 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasphemous_prime View Post
hmmm, 288 the sheet says... but it could be wrong, could be anywhere between 256 and about 312, but it still sounds like a good number either way.
Not sure why nobody else thought of this, and not sure why I didn't any sooner, but I'm pretty sure I know why it's 288MB: 256MB of system RAM + 32MB of video RAM. I think for laymen they just rolled the two together.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Apache->Mogul->TP2-> EVO 3D

Slwitek is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to Slwitek Send a message via Yahoo to Slwitek

Ok, now that the iPhone2 is out at $299, what will the price be for this? Sounds like it may beat the iPhone2 but would it be worth an extra $400?

Old 06-09-2008, 08:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

bkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuff

This is one sweet looking phone. I hope that they improve the speaker phone feature, but if not I can live with it. The only other issue I have with it is the number keys on the slide out, I really like the lay out on the Mogul. Really, those are two very minor issues...at least to me.
Gadget/Phone History: Motorola DynaTAC 8000x; Casio BOSS; Palm Vx; Palm m130; Palm Tungsten T; Sanyo 7300; Sanyo Katana; PPC-6700; Titan; Mogul; Touch Pro, Palm Pre; HTC EVO, Motorola Photon; Samsung Galaxy Note 2 .
Old 06-09-2008, 08:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

scarsofthumper is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to scarsofthumper Send a message via Yahoo to scarsofthumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slwitek View Post
Ok, now that the iPhone2 is out at $299, what will the price be for this? Sounds like it may beat the iPhone2 but would it be worth an extra $400?
Look at the target demographic for a phone like the Touch Pro vs. the iPhone. Apple wants that phone in as many peoples hands as possible. It's ease of use and simplicity and it's "in" factor is what's gonna sell that phone. HTC phones don't have that marketing style that it should. With Sprint, at most I'm thinking it will be around $599 (just cuz that's the price that the BB Curve debuted at) but with the added features plus Windows Mobile's openness, I see it selling just as good if not better than any other HTC phone.

"Obviously, no one wants to fail. But who's to say that failure's not a good thing masked in the wisdom that you can't see at that point? I just try to look at the positive." - Khalil Greene

aim - mary kate on lsd

Sprint Touch Diamond - Telus V1.04.05V Radio D - MightyROM 4.6
Old 06-09-2008, 10:12 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

You have to admit... Sprint REALLY needs to advertise the Diamond. I keep seeing those commercials for the new BB and how they are so sleek... The Diamond looks damn better than any phone i have EVER seen. If they put together one of those snazzy commercials with the smooth jazz, and tag a release date, promotional price, and Sprint logo at the end, they will see ALOT of people jumping ship to WM.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarsofthumper View Post
Look at the target demographic for a phone like the Touch Pro vs. the iPhone. Apple wants that phone in as many peoples hands as possible. It's ease of use and simplicity and it's "in" factor is what's gonna sell that phone. HTC phones don't have that marketing style that it should. With Sprint, at most I'm thinking it will be around $599 (just cuz that's the price that the BB Curve debuted at) but with the added features plus Windows Mobile's openness, I see it selling just as good if not better than any other HTC phone.

With the price point of the entry level iphone ($199)... Sprint/Verizon needs to get aggressive on the new devices. Although not a perfect phone by any means but with Apple's marketing they can definitely make a killing... (it does help that the iphone is pretty decent).
Old 06-09-2008, 10:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6700-->6800-->BB Tour-->Pre-->Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

friguy3 is keeping up the good workfriguy3 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to friguy3 Send a message via Yahoo to friguy3

Why do they keep changing the side the keyboard opens?!?! I mean this is getting annoying. 6700 one way....then the 6800 is the other...now this is back to how the 6700 was. Ok ok, im over it...Verizon better get this soon after sprint and not a year after.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro