PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2010, 11:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

hotwired34 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint-provided WM 6.5 update for TP?

Fake? What do you think? This guy comes in and says he has this, but doesn't reply to requests to take a dump? (Hah!!! That sounded weird)
Old 03-05-2010, 11:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

DeputyStankus is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwired34 View Post
Fake? What do you think? This guy comes in and says he has this, but doesn't reply to requests to take a dump? (Hah!!! That sounded weird)
Hey, I know how it looks. I didn't respond earlier because I just wasn't online much yesterday. I had class all day, got home, watched some TV, and went to bed.

As for it being fake, I don't know why someone would bother "faking" something like that. What's the point?

That being said, I'm well aware that, unless I come back from the store with WinMo 6.5 installed, I'll have lost any chance at having some credibility on this site. I'll deserve it for not at least taking screen shots when I had the chance.

I hope I'll be able to come back with 6.5 and finally contribute something to this forum. If not, I'll get what I deserve.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

JLPDA is a n00b

Give the guy a break. Not everyone is trolling at all hours of the day and night on this board to respond immediately. We're all anxious to get WM6.5...including myself. Flaming may or may not be justified right now. Patience is a fine virtue.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:23 PM
dcd
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP

not to mention that a TP 6.5 update has been developed, as were already using the kernel from it. the corp store didnt flash a custom rom on her device.

DeputyStankus, can you try a hard reset on her device before you take it back to the store? I hope you don't go back with a legit 6.5 ROM installed and walk out with 6.1.

Last edited by dcd; 03-05-2010 at 12:25 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcd View Post
not to mention that a TP 6.5 update has been developed, as were already using the kernel from it. the corp store didnt flash a custom rom on her device.

DeputyStankus, can you try a hard reset on her device before you take it back to the store? I hope you don't go back with a legit 6.5 ROM installed and walk out with 6.1.
I've tried everything. It's like the battery is dead (which it isn't, since I've swapped it out with mine). I'll definitely be pissed if I come back with a 6.1 phone.

As for my promised update, I actually won't have it until tomorrow. I was able to track down the specific tech, and she wasn't in today. I have an appointment for 10 a.m. Fingers crossed!

As for the flaming, like I said, I totally get it. I've been kicking myself for posting without evidence, but I thought that if it was on her phone, it must be released. I had no idea what I was setting myself up for!
Old 03-06-2010, 11:18 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

10 am is getting close. i'm on stock 6.1 and for last 6 weeks this phone has got me to whits ends and i'm about to spike it.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

A grand says he comes back with a stock 6.1 ROM.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
A grand says he comes back with a stock 6.1 ROM.
Well, I did...kind of. Since the one phone is just a brick, the rep ordered some refurbs. She wouldn't mess with mine, even though it wasn't bricked, since new phones were coming anyway.

When I asked about the OS, she just kind of said "let's take a look when the new phones get here on Monday." What does that mean??? I know it sounds crazy, but I couldn't really get her to give me a straight answer. I didn't want to press too hard, because she also promised to upgrade me to a TP2 if those ever show up on the authorized replacement list.

So, I get the new phones on Monday. If they don't have 6.5, I'll press her again on it.

So, not a success, but not the end of the road yet. Sorry!
Old 03-06-2010, 02:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

JLPDA is a n00b

Don't think they'll come with 6.5...I called Sprint yesterday, spoke to level 2 support and they knew nothing about WM6.5 for the TP.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

i just got off the phone with a tech at a sprint tech store in my area and explained in general the op's post and asked about 6.5 I was told sprint hasn't released anything to them yet and could be month or more for tp and tp2 6.5 and i did ask if they had the update that wasn't release to public yet. OP, if you have luck with an os update on monday, please let us know.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
htc touch pro, windows mobile 6.5