PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 01:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

eggypadua is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint-provided WM 6.5 update for TP?

faken jajajajajajajajaaj
Old 03-08-2010, 04:10 AM
Lurker

pocketpcdude is a n00b

While I couldn't dump the ROM (I didn't have a handy SD), I found out how to reproduce this! I flashed a new version of EnergyROM (from an older version) and had the hourly hard reset issue (flashing to stock and back fixes this). I flashed the stock Sprint update from HTC from an SD and it was the stock Sprint bloat-ware on 6.5. Titanium was enabled by default but TouchFLO was available under the Today settings (I tried it and it worked). I did not try Sprint TV or anything else as I wanted to flash back to EnergyROM. Can anybody see if this works for you?
Old 03-08-2010, 09:08 PM
dcd
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketpcdude View Post
While I couldn't dump the ROM (I didn't have a handy SD), I found out how to reproduce this! I flashed a new version of EnergyROM (from an older version) and had the hourly hard reset issue (flashing to stock and back fixes this). I flashed the stock Sprint update from HTC from an SD and it was the stock Sprint bloat-ware on 6.5. Titanium was enabled by default but TouchFLO was available under the Today settings (I tried it and it worked). I did not try Sprint TV or anything else as I wanted to flash back to EnergyROM. Can anybody see if this works for you?
what? is the nbh still on your card? upload it.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

DeputyStankus is just getting started

Got the phones tonight. 6.1--not even the latest ROM. The tech in question wasn't on shift tonight. I'm supposed to keep in contact with her in case she can upgrade me to TP2. Should I find anything out, I'll of course post.

In the meantime, I wouldn't hold my breath. Very sorry for getting everyone's hopes up.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:58 AM
Lurker

pocketpcdude is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcd View Post
what? is the nbh still on your card? upload it.
dcd, the Sprint ROM was the official update from HTC's website. The EnergyROM date was March 5, 2010. I updated from the official Sprint ROM before I unlocked my device and flashed Energy, so it is nothing special and was 6.1 before. The default theme was the boring faded pastel stock 6.5. I apologize for not uploading any ROMs but they are available for download. When I got Sprint 6.5, I flashed from the SD (had to rename the NBH).
Old 03-09-2010, 10:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

zepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwhre View Post
i hear ya. tp is a dieing device, outdated and discontinued. wp7 seems like it will never come and is not what we were hoping for from last years leaked images, and add the fact that apple is suing htc for over 20 infringments. what the hell do we have to look forword to? droid...... next gen iphone....... i am really not happy with what looks to be. if i could get officail 6.5 for my dated device that could get me thru the ruff times to come. i guess i could SETTLE.
Where do you get that the TP is a outdated device? The qualcomm processor in this phone is newer than the one is the TP2, which is from 2007.
Also the TP2 has no camera flash. The TP has more standard memory and ram than almost all the newer phones. The screen is smaller, however that is okay, it fits in my pocket. Who wants huge brick phones. BTW, Apple was sued for the same reason, google law suits Apple.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
htc touch pro, windows mobile 6.5